Trip Report - Ginnie Springs + Pics Galore!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I took this pic in the ballroom at Ginnie right before my housing flooded and I lost my camera, me were there monday night/tueday morning. Even though the camera was lost I still enjoyed the dive and the spring was empty both dives we were then only ones in the water.

Are you associated with the Wet'n'Scuba in Winter Park? I heard that a few of their peeps were at Ginnie Monday and Tuesday.

Peter

fgray1:
My daughter is getting married this weekend so it out but I shooting for the following weekend it depends on my back.
I twisted the crap out of it last week at work again (boy getting old sucks) I didn't go last weekend cause of it but they all said they had a great time. they did a wreck aand a reef. I figure i'll be healed by next week if I take it easy.

Very sorry to hear about your back. No fun! (...and you are NOT old..just a little seasoned..or, in your case, quite seasoned - Just Kidding...really....) :54:

Please extend my best wishes to your daughter and her intended on their special day!! Have a great time and hope to dive wih y'all soon!!

P2

I was looking at this thinking, "that looks like Li'l Devil, but the stairs are on the wrong side." Then I saw the sign. I thought I was nuts for a minute there.

Pat (P2) and Fred,

the trip to Boynton was fun, we got to meet Rick finally after weeks of emailing about stuff like courses, equipment etc, also got to meet P1-Pat who had his son along and Fred's daughter (+future son in law). I was rather concerned when i saw a tank on the boat that said "gray" on it, i was wondering if i had gotten mixed up somewhere as i thought that Fred was a little older than the guy using it!! That was sorted out pretty quickly though.

I would say there were about 10 people on the dive with Rick holding the ball a few bubblewatchers inc. Ms Gray. The first dive was on the Capt Tony barge in about 85ft, descended down the line in a moderate current (i had trouble equalizing, nothing new), explored the boat around the hull on the sand, then over the decks, into the open hold areas and a quick swim through under the bridge. 20 mins later we thumbed the dive, a few stops on the line, at the 15ft i think Rick had popped the anchor off the ball and so we were drifting and so we dropped (bad buoyancy) a little before regaining composure. About an hour SI then the second dive, Rick had stated a 60ft dive drifting over the reef. We dropped in, things were fine, the current then seemed to take us off what i would call reef and into just a sandy area, whilst Rick and Diane were discussing her sinus trouble, the rest of us continued along and got sucked down to about 75-80ft into a dip in the sand (current sweeping off the horizontal as it dropped down following contours into the dip). Most divers were OW and were either fresh out of OW or hadnt dove in a while so we all started back up to 60ft (some didnt realise and Rick had to go tell them how deep they were) and couldnt see much of the reef from there as viz was around 20ft. We all drifted along again, but due to my GF being at 80ft and not seeing us rise she got low on air, at 60ft with 500psi, she got worried and so i ascended to the stop with her and shared a while as i still had about 1300psi on an AL80 (33cuft) to play with. Had a little longer stop due to the deeper depth than planned. The first dive was cool, first wreck we have dove, second was a bit of a wet weekend, nothing too exciting, but we got to try our non-reference (no line to reference) safety stop at 20ft and OOA drills, so that was good.

Was expecting Fred to come as Rick had mentioned it, sorry to hear of the back trouble. Have fun at the weekend with the wedding. See you in the water soon.

adder70:
I was looking at this thinking, "that looks like Li'l Devil, but the stairs are on the wrong side." Then I saw the sign. I thought I was nuts for a minute there.

Yeah, Eckerkds scanned them in upside down and backward. I finally corrected the mirror effect. I bet it was throwing people off.

No I am from PA, drove down to dive Ginnie and the Keys with my sister, Kadi. We felt lucky the place was empty but we did here a group of instuctors talking about how to capture new students using scuba board! I didnt approach them as I was gettign geared up but I wish I had got their names.

Hey Reefer -

Welcome to FL. Good to hear about the instructors and scubaboard.

Peter

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom