Transmitters on O2 and dil

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I run transmitters on both my o2 and dil and like being able to keep track of my o2 and dil usage. By tracking it in my excel sheet I can see different trends in my usage when looked at along side my profile. It also has helped whenever my drysuit inflator decided to grenade an o-ring and slowly leak air into my suit.

My onboard dil is only used for my wing and suit since I off-board.

SPG, however, still have a role. I believe some instructors may require you to have them while taking a class. Not sure if that is a hard rule.

In any case, @formernuke, check out some setups in a thread I've referenced earlier. On rEvos, you can route the hoses from the first stages, along the sorb cassette housing and then under the plate that holds weights; then put your SPGs there. You will need 50cm or so hoses. They can be tough to find, but Tecme sells them and can do custom lengths, too.

Right now I have mine on bungee cords clipped off to the crotch d ring. I might do some modifications later but right now I'm just getting used to closed circuit once I'm healed up.

I was curious why people use transmitters on the rebreathers, I'm I'm laid up and bored.

Right now I have mine on bungee cords clipped off to the crotch d ring. I might do some modifications later but right now I'm just getting used to closed circuit once I'm healed up.

I was curious why people use transmitters on the rebreathers, I'm I'm laid up and bored.

How about you used transmitters OC and had no reasons to NOT use them CCR?

OC my dives were partly driven by gas, CC they are being driven by how much time I want to hang and sorb.

I like watching the pressure go up when I ascend.🤣
I've noticed that as well. I have not looked at if it is caused by the bottle warming up or it the gauge reads a pressure delta.

Logging and clearing up my chest area are the big reasons I went transmitters. Easier donning (I got a gauge misplaced while gearing up a couple of times (behind my back and having to strip out of gear to reroute the SPG). And paying more attention during the dive (wasn't checking them enough during the dive as they really don't move much when things are working right).

Gauges are in the save a dive kit.

Edit: more respectful tone change

It is odd to me that the takeaway from your experience is to use a transmitter, rather than to not plumb 2/3/4L cylinders into your BOV. You also could have bailed to necklaced reg or offboard, shot the bag, and reintroduced your DSV, no?
I clearly failed at humor. :)

I don't have transmitters, or my BOV plumbed into my on-board tanks, nor do I use a crack bottle SMB.

I clearly failed at humor. :)

I don't have transmitters, or my BOV plumbed into my on-board tanks, nor do I use a crack bottle SMB.
Don't worry, some of us got it.

Right I'm not saying no pressure monitoring, I'm wondering why transmitters over spg's
clean chest with less danglies

Right now I have mine on bungee cords clipped off to the crotch d ring.
This is a form of bundage I am not familiar with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom