Transmitters on O2 and dil

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you dive a JJ, SPG's are a PITA. For a boom drill you're really bending over to look at your gauges on the bottom of your wing during a stressful moment. If instead, you pull them loose on their long hoses (as designed, the Velcro pulls free), then they're impossible to stuff back in place afterward. A minor design flaw in the JJ.

Transmitters are just so much easier.

Plus the other stuff above.
On my JJ I run them along the manual adds hoses, added a bungee loop to keep them in place and added Velcro to keep the hoses together (the same than for cable management)

I am away in Mexico but will post a picture when back, although I am sure it’s a pretty common setup and I think it does not change your point that transmitters are easier …

How long are these HP hoses being bungeed/ clipped off to the crotch strap ring? The two SPG's on my rEvo 2 (mCCR) go over the shoulders and hang at about mid chest/ upper abdomen height when the hoses are routed up the frame between the scrubbers and tanks and then over the shoulders.

If they're long enough to dangle to the waist area I would think shorter hoses (or transmitters....) would be a better choice. Or is there a reason for the longer HP hoses?

How long are these HP hoses being bungeed/ clipped off to the crotch strap ring? The two SPG's on my rEvo 2 (mCCR) go over the shoulders and hang at about mid chest/ upper abdomen height when the hoses are routed up the frame between the scrubbers and tanks and then over the shoulders.

If they're long enough to dangle to the waist area I would think shorter hoses (or transmitters....) would be a better choice. Or is there a reason for the longer HP hoses?

I have long (120cm) hoses that hit me around the top half of the abdomen. I clip the SPGs to D-rings. Not the most ideal arrangement, as I need to unclip the SPGs to use them. However, the placement is very precise. There is zero dangling and everything is streamlined. The configuration is a better alternative to the standard hoses which were too short for me. Btw, this is on a rEvo mini.

I am contemplating ordering custom length hoses and installing the transmitters so they sit under the weight tray.

Back
Top Bottom