Transmitters on O2 and dil

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Easier than your wrist?

No, I will grant that one. Maybe just because I'm so new I'm not really seeing a huge plus to switching to transmitters. Especially since I would still maintain backup spgs

Right now I have mine on bungee cords clipped off to the crotch d ring. I might do some modifications later but right now I'm just getting used to closed circuit once I'm healed up.

I was curious why people use transmitters on the rebreathers, I'm I'm laid up and bored.

Right now I have both SPG’s run to my left hip d-ring similar to how the SPG is routed on OC.

No, I will grant that one. Maybe just because I'm so new I'm not really seeing a huge plus to switching to transmitters. Especially since I would still maintain backup spgs

SPG on my dilout bottle got stuck at 1000psi during training. I stripped a transmitter from my SM regs and will not use an SPG on that bottle again.

I went more than two years diving OC with two transmitters and no issues other than the very occasional signal dropout. No backup SPGs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom