Trailer Stolen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't really think this fits the crime of theft, anymore than the practice in some middle eastern counties of cutting of the hand of a thief.

I agree. I'm with post #52. Just shoot 'em and take 'em out. Then we don't have to spend our taxpayer $$$ to house them, feed them, rehab them, court costs....

I work HARD for what I've got, and everything I have has been acquired through legal means. I've earned the possessions I have. You want to just come "take" it from me? Meet my .40 Glock ****head.

I agree. I'm with post #52. Just shoot 'em and take 'em out. Then we don't have to spend our taxpayer $$$ to house them, feed them, rehab them, court costs....

I work HARD for what I've got, and everything I have has been acquired through legal means. I've earned the possessions I have. You want to just come "take" it from me? Meet my .40 Glock ****head.

OH MY....he drank the kool aid :shocked: <snicker>. How could anybody disagree with someone with hair like that :rofl3:

If we were to cut off a hand or permanently injure them we would only have to pay the disability and take care of them the rest of their life.

I say just shoot them right in the head. We all have to work and we should not suffer because they are too lazy to work.

I'd have no problem with theifs having this done to them, I'd have no problem with them losing a hand either, we are too light on criminals that need punishment and then punish BS stuff we shouldn't, we are backwards.

If they catch the guy that stole this trailer he'll get a smack on the wrist and then go do it again.

It is pretty sad when you value someones life over a piece of gear!

I have no problem with a proper punishment for a crime or defending yourself or family (I am well armed even by Texas standards), but you are basically putting yourself in bed with the likes of the Taliban. No thanks.

It is pretty sad when you value someones life over a piece of gear!

I have no problem with a proper punishment for a crime or defending yourself or family (I am well armed even by Texas standards), but you are basically putting yourself in bed with the likes of the Taliban. No thanks.

So now I'm a taliban? who knew!

they still live after you cut their hand off is my understanding, along those lines I do not value the theifs hand as much as I value my gear, their choice, they make it they pay the price.

Proper punishment well
Get'er done....
hangem.jpg
** Hang em **
Hang em High !!!!

So now I'm a taliban? who knew!

they still live after you cut their hand off is my understanding, along those lines I do not value the theifs hand as much as I value my gear, their choice, they make it they pay the price.

Sorry to pick on you, others have your same opinion...

The topic was keel hauling, often the person did not survive.

I value my gear also, just not to the extent that I am going to intentionally maim or kill someone over it.

Well, If I had been a few minutes quicker, they would have met the business end of a baseball bat. I know, you probably shouldn't bring a bat to a gun fight, but with my size (6', 280lbs), and the speed that I would have been moving and the element of surprise, they would have been in a sorry state.

Never under estimate the power of the fat guy with the baseball bat, especially when he opens up a can of whoop ass and goes ninja. I kinda use the 1 swing, 1 kill mentality, and there are no stray bullets to worry about.

As far as cutting off hands, I have mixed feelings about this. I think it would be good to mark thieves in some way, just not sure if I like the idea of taking the hand. I would be in favor of branding them on the wrist or back of the hand with a permanent mark though.

I did spend some time in Bahrain and while walking around one day, saw a sign on in front of the court house that there would be public amputations that day. They do have a pretty low crime rate.

I used to work in a meat packing house. One day the hock cutter broke, we had to cut the hocks off by hand until it was fixed. That was about 500 hocks/hour. There were 2 of us, so really about 250/hr. (essentially cutting off at the knee joint) I can take your hand off with a butcher knife in about 3 seconds.

Randy

Well cutting off the hand (the right hand) of the thief in Islamic countries is a way of life. It's in the Quran.

But cutting off their hand has other significance. They cut off their right hand because that's the one you shake with and eat with. The left hand is considered "un clean" as it's the one you wipe with. (wipe your ass).

so by cutting off their right hand, they now have to eat with the same hand they wipe with and that's considered unclean and that person is also forever frowned upon because of that also.

Try shaking someone's hand over there with your left hand and see what response you get...... it's considered disrespectful .

Sex offenders over there usually don't fare as well.....

Sorry to pick on you, others have your same opinion...

The topic was keel hauling, often the person did not survive.

I value my gear also, just not to the extent that I am going to intentionally maim or kill someone over it.

...dude, we're not talking about maiming/killing 'someone'....we're talking about maiming/killing 'scum' !

Back
Top Bottom