Tore My Rix SA-6B Apart

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well this sucks. Rix just got back to me and said my ship date will be 01/12/24!

Apparently the 3 rider rings that I would need for the 3rd stage are on backorder:( I guess I'm putting things back together until then... bummer.

There's other stuff on backorder that would be here 11/16/23, so even if I can get that stuff sent early it's still a month out!

Well this sucks. Rix just got back to me and said my ship date will be 01/12/24!

Apparently the 3 rider rings that I would need for the 3rd stage are on backorder:( I guess I'm putting things back together until then... bummer.

There's other stuff on backorder that would be here 11/16/23, so even if I can get that stuff sent early it's still a month out!
Looks like you're back to schlepping tanks to your lds like the rest of us peasants.

Looks like you're back to schlepping tanks to your lds like the rest of us peasants.
I will piece this b!tch back together with bubblegum before I do such a thing!

Go buy a fill card, peasant!
You know what's funny... that's kind of the straw that broke the camels back in even thinking about buying a compressor.

I asked my LDS if they would sell me a fill card. He said "we only do that for commercial divers".

@ $12 / tank for AIR I decided to do my own thing.

I've done 124 dives (in doubles) since buying my compressor. Each fill would be $24, and I'm not even counting the tanks that I've filled for my kids / family (which hasn't been a lot, but some). Now a lot of those fills would have been good for 2 dives. I haven't broken even yet, but the convenience has been 2nd to none.

If I took into account gas / time / aggravation from the LDS I'd say I'm way ahead of the game. At this point it's almost sacrilegious to go there, lol!

Had a buddy invite me down to the LDS for a class he was teaching... he started with "I know it's against your religion but.....":)

@ $12 / tank for AIR I decided to do my own thing.
One of my LDS the fills are $9.50 after tax
Fill cards are on sale twice a year @ 10 for $80 and I generally buy 2-3 from them. I drop off tanks during my lunch and pick up when I'm not in the bike later that week or otw to a dive. Me doing 40-50 dives a year would take quite awhile to make up the cost though I would save $120 ish on vip costs. I'm fortunate to not have douche LDS and there are 6 or 7 within 90 minutes of me.

$6 in Monterey, so much cheaper than fussing with a compressor.
Honestly I don't have the time to go the 70 min round trip to the LDS, nor do I want to pay VIP, O2 clean, and a hydro on top (I still do hydro, but direct not through a shop)

It's more out of convenience then anything.

If there was an LDS close by and if they had reasonable prices I may have never gone down this road.

Honestly I don't have the time to go the 70 min round trip to the LDS, nor do I want to pay VIP, O2 clean, and a hydro on top (I still do hydro, but direct not through a shop)

It's more out of convenience then anything.

If there was an LDS close by and if they had reasonable prices I may have never gone down this road.
I have to drive 3+ hours to dive so I fill before I come home.

I have to drive 3+ hours to dive so I fill before I come home.
Oh man.. I feel for you:(

Well if I can fill at my shop it's a 3 min drive (although it's not "great" diving). 60' quarry beats nothing I guess.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom