Top 10 wreck wish list

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MattL

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm working on my gue tech 1 class and want to do a crazy wreck ever year and want to know what are the best wrecks out there. I want to be done with tech 2 in a year and haft so deapths up to 250 thank you.

Empress of Ireland in the St Lawrence.

Andrea Doria Hopefully in next couple years before the superstructure collapses. :(

How about the Brittanic. Does anyone know if it is even possible to get a charter to it? I know it's in 400 feet, but it has been dove before.

I would imagine it is expedition-only.

Lusitania?

I'm working on my gue tech 1 class and want to do a crazy wreck ever year and want to know what are the best wrecks out there. I want to be done with tech 2 in a year and haft so deapths up to 250 thank you.

Are you nucking futs?? Slow down mate, take and finish Tech1. Then build some serious experience in the 130-160ft range.

Try to find some buddies to go to Scapa flow, although you'll have a bear of a time with the Helium logistics up there.

The Dunderburg is on my list. It's not crazy deep (158'), but it's an amazing wooden three-masted schooner that sunk in 1868 in Lake Huron off of the NE coast of the LP of Michigan. It would be a great dive for a Tech 1 diver.

Another one on that note would be the St. James in Lake Erie. 2 masted wooden schooner, I think a little bit older than the Dunderburg. No obvious sign of damage it apparently just got washed over in a storm, landed upright on the bottom in 165'.

I would also like to hit the Doria before she's gone. I'd really like to do the Windjammer in Bonaire, the hangar deck and below on the big "O" (already done the deck and tower), I want to do the Vermillion off of SC, the E.M. Clark off of NC, the U-who (big fan of the book), and a ton of others. I would also like to a trip to the Solomon Islands and Truk.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom