Tobermory Cottage for Rent

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stoo, I really enjoy your photos.
It makes me feel a little anxious when they're pics of the sites I haven't dived Yet.
But, it feels great to see photos of sites and say to myself "been there". :)

It makes me feel a little anxious when they're pics of the sites I haven't dived :)

Thanks Paul! although I must say that a Waterloo guy really hasn't got much of an excuse to have missed out on any of them...

Here's one that you likely haven't been on... It's an unknown (I think!) little schooner in Rattlesnake Harbour, about 6 miles east of the City of Cleveland. :wink:

Rattlesnake Rays bow nice DSC_5983-2.jpg

@Stoo the only excuse I have is that I waited about 35 years to long. I just became a certified scuba diver last June at age 52.
I dived a few shallow wrecks and the Niagara II.
It's amazing in Tobermory. I plan to be there at least 6 weekends this year. Just got my 1st drysuit, with xm450 undergarments, last weekend so that extends my dive season a whole lot. :)
I will be diving in Wales in July. It's going to be great.

@Stoo the only excuse I have is that I waited about 35 years to long. I just became a certified scuba diver last June at age 52.
I dived a few shallow wrecks and the Niagara II.
It's amazing in Tobermory. I plan to be there at least 6 weekends this year. Just got my 1st drysuit, with xm450 undergarments, last weekend so that extends my dive season a whole lot. :)
I will be diving in Wales in July. It's going to be great.

Oh nice... And yes, a drysuit will make more difference than you can imagine. Which shop do you use up there... Tri-C?

Oh nice... And yes, a drysuit will make more difference than you can imagine. Which shop do you use up there... Tri-C?
Yes. I have done a few certifications with Tri City but lately I have been dealing with Matt M at DDS in St Catherines. I have been thinking of taking some courses with him over the next year or so.
You wouldn't by chance know when Gullivers opens the gates up to divers? I left them a message but didn't get a call back. I need to practice drills with the new drysuit. Perhaps Innerkip too. I'm about 40 minutes from both.

View attachment 459006

View attachment 459007 Just a couple of shots from a shore dive two weeks ago on the tug Alice G. This site is a three minute walk from our place! (I desaturated them some to make it look colder... the water was a toasty 36°F. It's likely up to 36.5°F by now!)
That's a nice easy / relaxing night dive.

You wouldn't by chance know when Gullivers opens the gates up to divers? .

I live about 2 minutes from Gullivers. I'm heading out later this morning and I'll pop by and see what I can find out.

13433339_1205676266151662_6890104512551351972_o.jpg

We're on the left side of the harbour, across from the ferry dock, with a view to the northwest, over the lake. :)

I live about 2 minutes from Gullivers. I'm heading out later this morning and I'll pop by and see what I can find out.
Hi @Stoo , any luck finding out if they will allow us to dive yet?

Also, do you have any parking spaces for rent in the summer?
I have no issue with paying the village for parking. Revenue is surely need to cover the added expense to Municipal/Emergency service needs generated by all of us tourists.
It's just so hard to find a good spot most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom