Tobermory Cottage for Rent

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spectacular conditions this week! This is on the King.

33137382_10156724820274505_4322861120017661952_o.jpg

dam stoo your pictures are so f in good , even when I was good at it mine NEVER were close to yours

dam stoo your pictures are so f in good...

Well thank you. The process is a big mystery to me. I twiddle some knobs, then push the little button... it’s like magic. It doesn’t hurt when you live in the Freshwater Diving Capital of the World... and that the conditions are stellar most of the time.

This is from yesterday. A wee solo on the Forest City. Vis was “ok”...

CFE4E057-C8AC-4ECD-9E96-F0CEECA1CBE0.jpeg

Last edited:
Well thank you. The process is a big mystery to me. I twiddle some stuff, then push the little button... it’s like magic. It doesn’t hurt when you live in the Freshwater Diving Capital of the World... and that the conditions are stellar most of the time.

This is from yesterday. A wee solo on the Forest City. Vis was “ok”...

View attachment 461526
Compared to mine.... LOL

Forest City-.jpg

:rofl3:

to be fair, Stoo uses a real camera... mine is a screen grab from a GoPro

Ya, GoPros are wunnerful devices for video, but they truly suck as still cameras. I also have the advantage of being able to dive there whenever I want, and generally, that means when there's no charter boat within 4 miles. No matter how competent the divers are, they will mess stuff up. Anf then there's the whole random limb photobombing an otherwise sweet image.

Ya, GoPros are wunnerful devices for video, but they truly suck as still cameras. I also have the advantage of being able to dive there whenever I want, and generally, that means when there's no charter boat within 4 miles. No matter how competent the divers are, they will mess stuff up. Anf then there's the whole random limb photobombing an otherwise sweet image.
You do take some awesome pictures. I have a very clear memory of sitting on the sand @150 FFW and looking up at that wreck last August and yours captures it much better than anything I could produce.

Thanks! I find one of the biggest challenges is finding new ways to show the same wreck. I dive Tobermory a lot... In fact that last shot is very similar to one I took a few years ago, but there's only so many ways to take a pic of an old boat. One of these days, I'll find a cooperative buddy with a big light, when the water is crystal clear, and the light is nice and they'll hang just off the rail while I bang off the "perfect" shot. One of these days. :)

Kinda like this one, on the Arabia. (This one was featured in Diver Mag)

Arabia Bow Shirky FINAL Lighter © DSC_2440.jpg

Back
Top Bottom