Tobermory Cottage for Rent

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Speaking of Arabia, here's a bit of an unusual view of her rump... clearly she settled stern first!

Arabia Kelly tri-stern DSC_8062-2.jpg

That bow view of the Arabia is one of my favourite photos of her. Reminds me very much of the first time I ever dove the site. Great visibility that day, and the layer of silt on the bottom was moving just slightly in a mild current. Made it look like the ship was sailing across the bottom of the lake.

That bow view of the Arabia is one of my favourite photos of her.

She's an impressive site when you approach from the bow!

It wasn't until my third dive on the Arabia that I got to see the bow. When I did, it took my breath away....

And a couple from the Grotto on Monday. One of the things I love about photgraphy is that you can complete change the mood just by bending a little light. These two images were taken with me basically moving five feet, turning around and twiddling some knobs!

36836998_10156848924894505_728590388008321024_o.jpg

36963163_10156848960384505_3167502212880400384_o.jpg

I messed up my back, and had to pass on the Forest City/Arabia double Thursday......

But, some days, you get the light just right.... (yes, very shallow water) the day before with the daughter

GOPR1867.JPG
GOPR1872.JPG

I can't match @Stoo , but for a GoPro, I thought these were pretty good....

This year it is really warm, but that meant it is 68 degrees. I dove wet with a 5/7 one-piece and used a hooded vest under. I dove the Sweepstakes hoodless and without the vest. Wish I had something on my head. Tobermory is still cold water. Went gloveless too without issue.

Last edited:
This was a work weekend for us, but I managed to pop out of a solo night dive on the Arabia last night. Mrs. Stoo opted for the G&T fueled Boat Tending job which worked out fine.

Surface temp at the Arabia was 71°F. From maybe 6' to 60'. it was about 50°-53°. Below 60' there was a significant theremocline and the water was about 42° from there to the bottom at 110'. There was a ripping current from about 70' down too which I hadn't expected.

I wanted to get a shot of the wheel at night, so I lit it with my trusty Kraken, then used my strobes for just a little fill...

Arabia wheel night © DSC_8716.jpg

Back
Top Bottom