Titanium Reg systems? Are they worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good, you deserve neither. You are driving a "Toyo Auto" and eating dried figs!!
Figs are awesome man — they’re the „jewels“ of the desert fruit, well I think only Sainai Peaches can top them
I love figs, and peaches, and grapes 😅

Are titanium regs worth the money at retail? I have to agree with those above who said no. I can't afford them at retail. But Atomic Ti regs are affordable second hand. Scubapro Ti seem less common and still pricey second hand. I got a few 20+ year old Atomic T1s second hand for less than what a new MK17Evo costs. That's a no-brainer deal, IMHO.

Are Titanium regs better? Yup, for my uses they are. When you service neglected Ti regs from the 1990s (almost identical to modern ones btw), restore them to like new because the Titanium inside is unchanged; and know you won't ever have to buy another reg no matter what you do to them: that is something special.

Also, I have to stick to manufacturer specs for service (for work), and the 3 yr / 300 dive service interval is a nice advantage of Atomic titanium regs.

When you service neglected Ti regs from the 1990s (almost identical to modern ones btw), restore them to like new because the Titanium inside is unchanged; and know you won't ever have to buy another reg no matter what you do to them: that is something special.

This makes them worth it to me and to others even at retail prices. I had 2 T1 (I think they were upgraded at some point but I don't remember to what) I got circa 1998'ish. They were lost during the chaos in Libya and war in 2014. No other regulator in the history of regulators since cave man were as reliable, service free and simply beautiful bar none. I used them all over the world extensively. I lost them simply because I left the bag with these regulators in a location that was the scene of a fight where the attackers looted all homes and warehouses in the area before they were defeated and pushed back, the ones that weren't killed in the fight. I doubt that they knew what they stole.

The "Toyo Auto" sour grapes crowed will never understand or appreciate their value. Ti regulators aren't for everyone and they were never intended to become mass market regulators just like Bentleys and other very high end brands. Some folks are satisfied with China imitation crap and others prefer European or US bands and the exclusive group prefers Bentley, etc.

For many of you here who say that Ti regulators "aren't worth it," you most likely mean that you can't afford it and hence you see no need for it yourself but it is grossly misleading and judgemental to attack those that want them and are willing to pay for them. You can't afford them, too bad and no one is going to look down at you but for you to say what you are saying is shameful and very rude.

So depressing. I just got my new G260 and thought it was the tits. Now I gotta sell a couple kidneys and invest in Ti stuff.

So depressing. I just got my new G260 and thought it was the tits. Now I gotta sell a couple kidneys and invest in Ti stuff.

Lol. You made me laugh even when the situation here is so shiiity.

Lol. You made me laugh even when the situation here is so shiiity.
You made my cry because I bought the G260 on your recommendation.

But seriously the SP G260 is going to be an upgrade over my current setup. And I get to ditch the egress which is win/win.

Maybe one day if my wife gives me my cojones back, I can sell them and go full Ti.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom