Titanium Reg systems? Are they worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I could never rationalize the cost of a new titanium reg, nice if ultralight travel is the goal but better to save the money and spend it on diving. Perhaps a used titanium reg set at the right price might catch my eye.

Pair them with a neon wetsuit and you are set :)
color.png

Ti regs exist to sell their non ti versions... the sales line is "I understand that $2785 is a lot for a regulator. How would you like one that performs EXACTLY the same, is a few ounces heavier, and only costs $1092?"

It is also for the people that walk into dive shops and want the most expensive stuff because it is the best (because it is the most expensive).
Sad thing is, there is only Ti version of TFX; I just want the damn 2nd, in normal brass (ok I get a big advantage of the mechanism is how light the poppet is so I am out of order)..
1300 for a 2nd is just beyond me (for that I can get 10 g250s and maintain them and maybe spare a couple of dives as well, which I have done.... wait a damn second 🤔)
wtf-thinking.gif

ok maybe just that specific case Ti has some advantage

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom