Tissot Sea Touch, Does anyone have it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Sea touch is just nice to look at but of no use in diving! Compass is not balanced and therefore hardly usable in the waterIllumination to week for nightdivingall in all it should not be allowed to sell this thing as divingwatch!

P.S. You can see the cheesy advert on YouTube, Search "Tissot Sea Touch"[/QUOTE]

I think the advert is honest and tends not to overstate the features of the watch and its limits. It clearly tells me it is suitable as a simple depth gauge for free diving and equally suitable for rec diving.

A quick observation however and something that Tissot could provide a quick fix for in a new version (if they released a new version) and would prompt me to splash out on one: The watch comes in 2 versions, metric and imperial (M or ft). This could present a problem for me as a rec diver because the dive leader usually determines the units for the dive in his/her dive plan. Different dive leaders would have their own preference of whether to call the dive plan in M or ft or depending on the equipment used meaning you could be left with doing the calculations in your head - even if you can remember to do so while under water. Obviously modern dive computers have this option available (although you still need to remember to configure your dive computer before you being your descent).

Tissot could easily fix this shortcoming by having both M and ft on the bezel alternating one after the other. Possibly in different colours and possibly with M being in large bold and ft being slightly smaller. Can't understand why they missed such a simple solution to a simple problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom