Time for another Swampers Happy Hour?

Where would you prefer to meet for our Swampers' Gathering?

• Saltgrass off of I-30 (Rockwall)

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • HalfShells in Frisco (Tollway / Legacy)

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • BJ's in Plano (75, by Collin Creek Mall)

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Y'all take greenhorn divers from Wylie, TX at those shindigs? I haven't been to CSSP since October (Just got my C Card in August)...blew bubbles at the fishes in Grand Cayman over halloween...haven't been in the water since. I think my skin is going to dry up and fall off...I need to acquire some thicker neoprene methinks, but I'm itching to get back into the water... but if that's not an option, wings and beer sounds like an adequate substitute.

jchapman3:
Y'all take greenhorn divers from Wylie, TX at those shindigs? I haven't been to CSSP since October (Just got my C Card in August)...blew bubbles at the fishes in Grand Cayman over halloween...haven't been in the water since. I think my skin is going to dry up and fall off...I need to acquire some thicker neoprene methinks, but I'm itching to get back into the water... but if that's not an option, wings and beer sounds like an adequate substitute.

We sure do -- come and join us! :D

The more the merrier!

Dates? SO far we have next week on the 4th or 5th... or Sat the 20th. Should we setup a poll? What works better for everyone? Sat afternoon or a happy hour during the week?

D.

Oh, and on a side note, I've got my first Scubaboard critic on my site (www.daylon.us):

"Guest" wrote : "Your photos are ok but don't quit your day job. Also, a few of us on Scubaboard think that you're pretty full of yourself. Reality check: you're not all that."

They're right on both counts of course, but hey, thanks for at least looking at the photo gallery! At least someone cared enough to flame me. :rofl3:

jchapman3:

I'd vote for the 4th or 5th. We have tried planning things out way in advance and I don't think the number of people that have shown up has increased much. Thoughts anyone?

Daylonious:
Dates? SO far we have next week on the 4th or 5th... or Sat the 20th. Should we setup a poll? What works better for everyone? Sat afternoon or a happy hour during the week?

The 20th actually works better for me. It also gives people who will be in Cozumel over the holidays a chance to get together with us and not feel left out. Do you remember which restaurant we met at last year, Daylon?

Daylonious:
Oh, and on a side note, I've got my first Scubaboard critic on my site (www.daylon.us):

"Guest" wrote : "Your photos are ok but don't quit your day job. Also, a few of us on Scubaboard think that you're pretty full of yourself. Reality check: you're not all that."

They're right on both counts of course, but hey, thanks for at least looking at the photo gallery! At least someone cared enough to flame me. :rofl3:

Welcome to ModWorld...
:rofl:

The 20th is better for me as well.

I think we've met at a few places...

Champps in Addison...
On the Border in Las Colinas / Irving...
Joe's Crab Shack in Arlington...

D.

Consensus seems to be Sat the 20th... works for me.

ScubaTexan:
The 20th actually works better for me. It also gives people who will be in Cozumel over the holidays a chance to get together with us and not feel left out. Do you remember which restaurant we met at last year, Daylon?

Welcome to ModWorld...
:rofl:

Daylonious:
I think we've met at a few places...

Champps in Addison...
On the Border in Las Colinas / Irving...
Joe's Crab Shack in Arlington...

D.

Consensus seems to be Sat the 20th... works for me.

I think it was just you, me, and ScubaBum that made it to Champps...

Let me know what the plan is for the 20th, way too far out to say if I can make it or not.

I guess there's no reason why we can't have an impromptu "unofficial" meeting next week over some wings and drafts... :D

TxHockeyGuy:
I think it was just you, me, and ScubaBum that made it to Champps...

Let me know what the plan is for the 20th, way too far out to say if I can make it or not.

Looks like this is gravitating to the 20th, which is great by me. I'll have about 1,300 miles on the car from "traveling" over the last few weekends...650 mile round trip to Austin, 400 mile round trip to N.E. Oklahoma almost to the Kansas border, and a 200 mile round trip to Denton.

I need a butt break from the car seat. :D

Any ideas yet on where to meet? The last several times it has been around Arlington. How about we see about finding a place more on the east side of Dallas this time?

Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom