Time for another Swampers Happy Hour?

Where would you prefer to meet for our Swampers' Gathering?

• Saltgrass off of I-30 (Rockwall)

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • HalfShells in Frisco (Tollway / Legacy)

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • BJ's in Plano (75, by Collin Creek Mall)

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daylonious

Señor Pantalones
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey all -

Apologies - been a little absent on Scubaboard recently, trying to get my side photography business up and running...

(if you'd like to check it out, go to www.daylon.us)

Well.. have some free time and the thought occured to me that it might do us some good to get together again and raise a few.

I've haven't been in the water in at least 2-3 months and am certainly overdue. Was thinking about going ahead and getting that drysuit cert and maybe actually enjoy being WARM when I get out of my suit for once...

Any thoughts on a happy hour? I was thinking maybe Jan 3rd or 4th? (wed / thursday next week)

D.

Hope everyone had a great christmas!

Daylon ?? :confused:

Yeah, I think it's time we had another one in January. The Austin Swampers are meeting Jan. 13. Why don't we take the third Saturday (the 20th)? That way, anyone that wants to attend both can do just that. It will also give us more time to plan it out (such as where to have it). We might get more out-of-townies in for it that way, as well. Let me know what you guys think.

Remember, this could also be another combination ScubaToys/Swamper dinner... :D

Scubatoys / Dinner on the 20th sounds fine to me....

...but no need to be formal or anything. Heck, anyone wanna hoist a few beers over some hot wings and tell war stories somewhere in the DFW area I'm all for it....

Have you thought about maybe combining this with the upcoming polar bear dive at CSSP?

No way. As a devout Brazillian, we don't do cold. It's like Kryptonite to us... ;-)

Pick nice warm place somewhere with cold beer and hot food..

TxHockeyGuy:
Have you thought about maybe combining this with the upcoming polar bear dive at CSSP?

Gee, this is funny how great minds think alike.

I was thinkin' about another get-together about a month ago.

Later in January would be good.

Just make sure Daylon brings his bottle of "happy juice."

:rofl3:

Vodka is nice...as long as you don't have to drive.

Hey Ken, how was the TU-Utah game?

I know...TU lost.

sealskin98:
Hey Ken, how was the TU-Utah game?

I know...TU lost.

It was a pretty good game, actually. And the weather wasn't too bad, either -- a LOT better than the 20oF (10oF wind chill) game they had a couple of years ago...:11:

Back
Top Bottom