this if funny. Someone selling Oriskany Divemaster services for $250/day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frankly I think it's a great idea, it also leaves open the option of renting a boat and driving yourself rather than chartering and having to put up with whatever ...

Spectre:
Just the other day I had a friend of mine tell me. "I got a 21 foot SeaRay that'll do 40 knots. Take it whenever you want ...

I don't remember my phone ringing with that invite. I must have missed that call:D

Chad

In bad announcer voice:
Now you, too, can locate the sinking location of a famous warship! With your personal beach guide Superbugman, who will walk you down the beach, point out to sea and say, "Yip, they dun sunk 'er sum'er out d'er." Then you can watch as he raids your beer cooler and takes photos with his water filled camera housing. Now you, too can experience the thrill of having found your very own sunken warship site. While staying in fabulous Hurricane pounded Florida, you could even scoop up a pocket full of sand and inform your friends that you own beach property from one of the finest beach remnants of Ivan to be drug BACK on shore from the depths of the sea. Rent a cubby from Davy Jones' Locker, and stow your gear. Next, head out to the beautiful ankle deep waters of the pothole on 23rd and Main Street, where Superbugman will treat you to a fine mess o' roadkill fer virchally nuttin! After a long day of spelunking and pothole divin', SGM will invite you back to your own hotel room where he will finish off your cooler full of beer at no extra cost, then burp the aroma back up for your dining entertainment. Dining fees not included, but he enjoys McDonald's 39 cent burger Wednesdays.
Come see Destin at it's finest, and welcome to Jurassic Par,... er... FLORIDA!!!!

HEY Oriskany DM, now that you're a Florida Conch Diver, you need to attend a Scubaborg event and get assimilated. BRING RUM!!! Welcome aboard and good luck!

Oriskany Divemaster:
Thanks for the warm welcome. If there's any way I can be of service, please don't hesitate to ask.

Hmmm... how about visit us regularly and participate in the forums when you've got some SIT time... who knows, you may get a group of us tropics divers up your way to drop in for a dive or 4 :D

Welcome aboard Eric!

DEEPSEAWOLF:
In bad announcer voice:
Now you, too, can locate the sinking location of a famous warship! With your personal beach guide Superbugman, who will walk you down the beach, point out to sea and say, "Yip, they dun sunk 'er sum'er out d'er." Then you can watch as he raids your beer cooler and takes photos with his water filled camera housing. Now you, too can experience the thrill of having found your very own sunken warship site. While staying in fabulous Hurricane pounded Florida, you could even scoop up a pocket full of sand and inform your friends that you own beach property from one of the finest beach remnants of Ivan to be drug BACK on shore from the depths of the sea. Rent a cubby from Davy Jones' Locker, and stow your gear. Next, head out to the beautiful ankle deep waters of the pothole on 23rd and Main Street, where Superbugman will treat you to a fine mess o' roadkill fer virchally nuttin! After a long day of spelunking and pothole divin', SGM will invite you back to your own hotel room where he will finish off your cooler full of beer at no extra cost, then burp the aroma back up for your dining entertainment. Dining fees not included, but he enjoys McDonald's 39 cent burger Wednesdays.
Come see Destin at it's finest, and welcome to Jurassic Par,... er... FLORIDA!!!!

HEY Oriskany DM, now that you're a Florida Conch Diver, you need to attend a Scubaborg event and get assimilated. BRING RUM!!! Welcome aboard and good luck!

Lordy, I'm getting hammered on the forums today :D Its friggin cracking me up though! :lol:

Welcome, Eric :wink:.

Folks, I have been out on charters that Eric was working (he regularly DM's on my favorite local charter boat) and it was a pleasure to work and dive with him. Unlike many a "divemaster" in the industry, Eric does this because he loves SCUBA diving, and enjoys seeing people have a good time. In the "real world" Eric is a professional with a career - just like the rest of us- he isn't some 19 year old kid with a summer job. Eric has attended numerous meetings and helped work to bring the Oriskany to Pensacola- he is very involved in the local dive community, and is a real asset to it.

Personally, I think it is fantastic that Eric is asking a reasonable compensation for his efforts- how many of the rest of us "prefessionals" can say the same?

Good on ya' Eric- and best of luck.

Heather

Thanks, Heather, you're the best! (The check's in the mail...)

Meanwhile, I'll be happy to add anything I can to the forum regarding recreational diving along the Gulf Coast. Also, I'm about to launch a series of seminars on how to become a millionaire divemaster. And as Steve Martin would say, "First, get a million dollars..."

chickdiver:
Welcome, Eric :wink:.

Folks, I have been out on charters that Eric was working (he regularly DM's on my favorite local charter boat) and it was a pleasure to work and dive with him. Unlike many a "divemaster" in the industry, Eric does this because he loves SCUBA diving, and enjoys seeing people have a good time. In the "real world" Eric is a professional with a career - just like the rest of us- he isn't some 19 year old kid with a summer job. Eric has attended numerous meetings and helped work to bring the Oriskany to Pensacola- he is very involved in the local dive community, and is a real asset to it.

Personally, I think it is fantastic that Eric is asking a reasonable compensation for his efforts- how many of the rest of us "prefessionals" can say the same?

Good on ya' Eric- and best of luck.

Heather

Whew! for a minute there, I thought you were speaking about SuPrBuGmAn

LOL, not likely :)

I've never met Heather, nor Eric. I rarely do boat dives($$), I haven't gotten cave trained(or anything else technical$$$$), so I'm not likely to bump into them anytime soon.

You'll find me on the beach with sandyass gear, or some mudhole spring, possibly a friendlier cavern? :p I dive with alot of SB'er here, I show some of em around to the local spots, my compensation has always been the dive itself.

Comon out and dive this way, I'll show you how much fun 5' of visibility can actually be :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom