this if funny. Someone selling Oriskany Divemaster services for $250/day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doesn't sound all that unreasonable, 4 divers 3 tanks = $20.84 a dive/pp. Sounds like he's got the local knowledge to make it a great day, not just on the Oriskany. If you hire a DM/Guide for a shore dive or something it's bound to cost more than $20. Cut him some slack.

Welcome to the board' Eric.

I think the most surprising thing is that it is a brand new "dive site". However, if someone is from out of state and wants to come down to FL for the first time ever; grab someone w/ experience and fork out the mula.

Kudos to Eric for using his smarts to get onto GOOGLE:mooner: (it's called "good business")

Kudos to NetDoc for bringing the other side.:wink:

Eric,

Good luck. I know that fishing guides get paid good sums why not diving guides that offer personalized services.

Chad

There are always three sides to every story: yours, theirs and the truth! :D It's not uncommon for me or another moderator to alert someone (look at the Aqualung thread) when there is a thread about them. More than once we have uncovered someone with merely an axe to grind (not the case here, mind you).

It was also obvious to me, that someone like Eric has a place here as well.

Now about that fish fry on the beach !!!!
(num , num )

Now Eric , if you ever want to do some cave diving er ... ( lol ) !

Jeano Beano

P.S. Welcome the Conchs btw...!!!! :D :D :D

While in this area if you tried to get $250 for a DM fee you'd get rode out on a rail... It seems the overall price there is much higher. Our rides here are short and the boat goes out drops you putters around drops you again and heads in to reload then out again. In the summer they do a night dive as well. I seems up there they make a day out of three tanks. The distance to the site must be greater.

$250.00 for a BOAT fee still to me is above the market tolerance here. Ten peeps at $10.00 would be $100.00 and here that would be about average.

I am for it though! Good for him if he can get those rates! I think now that they have something up there worth seeing you are going to see Free Enterprise at it's best and the rates dropping. If it is That Far maybe a more expensive boat and a overnight stay at the Big O.

Eric

Oriskany Divemaster:
I can certainly make sure you have a very safe, comfortable diving experience. And if you sign up for my full day charter, I'll even spear you a few fish, anchor off a deserted beach and prepare a gourmet meal for you and your friends while you sit beside a driftwood fire talking about what a great time you had on the Oriskany. I promise, however to leave my guitar at home.

I really think you have a great idea! That kind of service is why a lot of us go to Cozumel instead of Florida. After a deep dive, I prefer to have a long SI on a beach with lunch and do another great dive rather than being hurried out to dive a 20 foot reef so the crew can get back in time to do the afternoon dives. Do you lead deco dives as well with doubles?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom