this if funny. Someone selling Oriskany Divemaster services for $250/day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Then there is that time I was in the restroom on the turnpike. A guy next to me asked me if I had any T-paper I snickered and told him .. Not a Square to Spare. Later that man started a software buisness and I found out his name was Bill Gates.

Or the time I gave Nat King Cole's widow a ride.

Met Hank Sr drunk hitchiking....

stopped the good times virus with a commodore 64....

(which is double funny cause there never was one....)

There's a lot of money being asked for, and being tossed around with the Oriskany. Just the other day I had a friend of mine tell me. "I got a 21 foot SeaRay that'll do 40 knots. Take it whenever you want and make me some money!".

shark.byte.usa:
Doesn't sound all that unreasonable, 4 divers 3 tanks = $20.84 a dive/pp. Sounds like he's got the local knowledge to make it a great day, not just on the Oriskany. If you hire a DM/Guide for a shore dive or something it's bound to cost more than $20. Cut him some slack.

Welcome to the board' Eric.

That's what I was thinking... sounds reasonable for a personal DM. Many of the personal craft around here hold 6 divers, which would further reduce the cost and increase the fun for many people

I must just say thumbs up oriskany divemaster, you're launching a nice concept now :).

It's just the right time to become an instructor... you could be launching the "oriskany Diver speciality" with good research, multiple dives on the site and more you could make this an incredible experience for any diver around i'm sure.

250$ a day, well if we consider that a 20ft boat or even a rib on a 2Stroke would be dishing out 14 liters / hour of fuel, and that the guys who own that kind of 20ft + boat don't have any issue with filling & using 5000L /day i doubt that 250$/day is expensive.

that's for the rich guys, but for the "common people" well i still feel that it's a good price, if you're 6-8 ppl, and have a guide, well that makes it a reasonable DM. For ordinary dives here in mallorca the average price equipment included is 45€/dive which means that let's say the person is doing a 2 dive day 90€ x 6-8 = 540€ to 720€, DM services included.

Ok we are a dive center with our charges etc, but if we look at it on a personal way and see how he is doing his stuff, well it's personalized service and to what i read, this DM has character :)

good luck again

F'n A

I would assume $250 is for the day plus lunch. I would expect 2 dives on the Oriskany with a 2.5 hour SI. With a group of 4 people, it would be economical.

I think the $250 is his fee. Add to that the charter of a six pac and split it 5 ways, 6 if he can be manifested as crew.

Thalassamania:
I think the $250 is his fee. Add to that the charter of a six pac and split it 5 ways, 6 if he can be manifested as crew.

I realize there would also be the expense of chartering a private boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom