this if funny. Someone selling Oriskany Divemaster services for $250/day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn:
LOL, not likely :)

I've never met Heather, nor Eric. I rarely do boat dives($$), I haven't gotten cave trained(or anything else technical$$$$), so I'm not likely to bump into them anytime soon.

You'll find me on the beach with sandyass gear, or some mudhole spring, possibly a friendlier cavern? :p I dive with alot of SB'er here, I show some of em around to the local spots, my compensation has always been the dive itself.

Comon out and dive this way, I'll show you how much fun 5' of visibility can actually be :D

You're not fooling us...you dive for dinner! A real guide would bring ice for the cooler...and a slim jim for keys locked in cars. Besides, I have a contribution to the next Whiskey dive. My time spent in Texas has not gone without a trip to the dive shop...I shall bring my new stadium light next time. I figure I'll just hover over the wreck with a snorkel and light it up for the rest of you.

Well USCG, read up in the Dixie Diver forum... there are more wrecks now :wink: Bring on the food and I'll share.

Personally I'm all for free enterprise and capitalism. Rock on, Oriskany Divemaster.

We are all one awesome idea away from financial independence! (Not that anybody's going to get rich on $250/day, but you catch my drift, as it were...)

MikeFerrara:
I've paid that much just to get my wife and I on a dive boat for a day.
I've paid that much just to get the Lovely Young Kat out of a shoe store! But that's another subject, eh??? :)
Rick

Thalassamania:
perhaps long pig.
What d'ye call it, a Donner burger?
Rick :D

chickdiver:
Personally, I think it is fantastic that Eric is asking a reasonable compensation for his efforts- how many of the rest of us "prefessionals" can say the same?
You mean I'm supposed to charge real money??? Hey Smedley, Chickdiver may be on to something here...
Rick

Spectre:
"I got a 21 foot SeaRay that'll do 40 knots. Take it whenever you want and make me some money!".
Here's a little Gulf math for ye... How long does it take a "21' SeaRay that'll do 40 kts" to make the 22 mile Oriskany run?
How long to get back?
Rick

Rick Murchison:
Here's a little Gulf math for ye... How long does it take a "21' SeaRay that'll do 40 kts" to make the 22 mile Oriskany run?
How long to get back?
Rick

A better math question is if it burns 40 gallons/hour, at $3 gallon what will it cost to make the round trip of 22 miles?

I can figure that one in my head - Lets see ..... 5 1/2 hours. All the time a Stella Artois in a frosted mug calling our names.

Rick Murchison:
How long to get back?
Rick

Seriously, the person offering divemaster services is doing a good thing. It seems that when Pensacola got the O Boat a lot of dive shops took on the dive police role. You know, those that will be out there saving us from ourselves. A great dive guide who will set things up so that you can do a safe dive without someone telling you when it's time to breathe would be a welcome relief.

When I go to Bonaire I always contract Walt Stark for my deep excursions to the Maria Bahn. He sets it all up and all I have to do is show up and enjoy myself. I feel great knowing that if I do blow it his expertise is there to get me out of trouble.

The only thing that I would suggest to our new Oriskany Divemaster is to take the extraordinaire part out of the web page.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom