thick gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lawman

Reaction score
7 mil gloves-question

I dive Great Lakes Wrecks. It gets nippy at the bottom of Lake Superior but I stay warm in a 7mil wetsuit. The gloves are so clumsy however that it's difficult to operate clips or take my fins off. Is there a glove made like a hunting or military glove where the fingers can be folded back when you want to do a task with bare hands? These gloves are too big and tight to remove on the surface easily and you can't go past 75' without them. I need a compromise.:confused: :doctor: :confused:

Sounds like a good idea. Tell me more. What type of drygloves, how much do they cost, can you manipulate clips, etc with them on?

this may be the answer to my problem:)

There are several different types of drygloves... do a search off scubaboard and you will find a lot of information.

I use diving concepts drygloves and rings.

Cheapest I have found them is from www.covci.com but they do not list them on the website as the price ($130) is below msrp.... so you need to email or phone them.

There are other options but I like these.
http://www.divingconcepts.com/

Mr. Uncle Pug.....

Do you have the "snap" on system? It looks like they make 2 different gloves. One actually snaps in place.

Thanks for the link! I have one of their drysuits, and also have been thinking about a glove idea that would allow better dexterity.

Lawman once bubbled...
7 mil gloves-question

I dive Great Lakes Wrecks. It gets nippy at the bottom of Lake Superior but I stay warm in a 7mil wetsuit. The gloves are so clumsy however that it's difficult to operate clips or take my fins off. Is there a glove made like a hunting or military glove where the fingers can be folded back when you want to do a task with bare hands? These gloves are too big and tight to remove on the surface easily and you can't go past 75' without them. I need a compromise.:confused: :doctor: :confused:

I also dive in cold fresh water (cold any water come to think of it) & i use 2 different types of glove.
For temps 10- 5 C i use my 5mm mits. Sound restrictive but ok & quite warm.
For temps below 5 C i use my drygloves (with normal latex seals)
I place a small tube (i don't know if you get WD40 there but the tubes you get attached to the can, cut in half) halfway under my drysuit wrist seal. My dryglove seal then goes over the top of this tube & my suit seal. These are fur lines gloves & generally warm anyway but if my pinkies do get a bit numb i hold up my arms & warm air from my suit fills the gloves. MMMMmmmmmmMMMm Yummy. The're a bit awkward to get on & off but for long cold dives you won't get better.
Good diving
Rob

:cheers:

BlueDolphin once bubbled...
Do you have the "snap" on system? It looks like they make 2 different gloves. One actually snaps in place.
snap on with the seals still intact... I use rubber tubing under the seals to equalize.... had several hundred feet of the stuff so now I have 4" chunks of it everywhere :D

PUG
I have had trouble with the installation of the rings on my dry gloves.

well actualy the rings for my dry gloves on my suit. the ring keeps popping off when i put the suit on

do you have any tips.
do you have any pictures

I have had trouble with the installation of the rings on my dry gloves.
Assuming you're using the DC gloves, their WWW site is invaluable.
http://www.divingconcepts.com/link2.htm

I have the same gloves (love 'em), which should tell you how to install the rings on your drysuit.

I've done 3 suits now, and find them *very* easy to install.

Nate

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom