Thermal protection help.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Frosty - consider a custom free dive wet suit. These wetsuits use super stretchy and very high quality neoprene. Such fabrics are are not typically available in off the rack scuba wetsuits. She does not have to get a top and pant, but even a full wetsuit with a hood. One suggestion is a custom Elios wetsuit, Eliossub - Benvenuti in Eliossub. charlie

you got me there I missed that line. But I still say get her a dry suit she doesn't know what she is saying. After a couple hours with a decent instructor she will love diving dry and start to spin it as to what a great idea she had

One brainwave I had was maybee getting a custom suit made with the chest area deliberately 2 sizes too big.So the suit is normal tight everywhere else just not the chest.

That's always a possibility. Just don't go too big or you will negate how the wetsuit is supposed to function.

Difficult position, does not tolerate a 5mm farmer john but does not want a drysuit. In general, I would recommend a 7mm full suit with a 5/3mm hooded vest. To be honest, I think she should try a drysuit at a demo day or something similar. It's either that or quit diving. Why exactly is she unable to dive in a thicker wetsuit, is it a functional problem causing chest wall weakness or is it simply the sensation of breathing against the wetsuit?

Hey thank you guys for all the ideas under NORMAL circumstances I would 100% agree with you re a good fitting suit.
trouble is in this specific situation a good fitting suit around the chest area at least SEEMS to be the issue. The extra resistance of the neoprene is just too much.
One brainwave I had was maybee getting a custom suit made with the chest area deliberately 2 sizes too big.So the suit is normal tight everywhere else just not the chest.

Random question....what type of BCD is she using?

Maybe she's concerned about immersion diuresis.

:) I meant i regard to why she doesn't want a drysuit. You guys have that handy thing to take on a picnic and can modify your drysuits to handle that handy thing. This is all far less handy for women.

Back
Top Bottom