Custom Semi-dry Wetsuit with Relief Zipper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought relief zippers were designed with the intent of surface interval use.
We have been trying to understand how different people use them. We have heard from people who use them as a way to just flush some water through the suit. My method with my current wetsuit is to open my ankle zips and flush water by pulling on my neck seal. But the new suit will have skin seals at the ankles in addition to the zips. So we were thinking of the relief zip as more of an opening to allow some water to flush through when you want it to. But I don't know if that will work or not.

custom wetsuits made this year by Auqaflite

Do you have the link for this company please? I tried to google it but nothing so far.

I would talk to the manufacturer about creating a small opening in the crotch with a baffle. When you need to pee, you part the opening and move the baffle aside to let pee out/let clean water in.

Simple, inexpensive and reliable. Maybe a velcro tab to keep it closed if you think it's needed. You will lose some thermal protection but have less pee in the suit if that's important to you.

There is no zipper to fail you don't lose any flexibility. A zipper won't keep water out anyway, unless it's a waterproof zipper, which is a whole different level of complexity and expense.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom