The Ultimate ScubaBoard Gear List

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

edneeves

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
It seems like there is a large number of people visiting this site for general equipment questions; "should I buy this, or what about this?"

This is usually replied to with a barage of people suggesting why the BP/Wing is the best thing since sliced bread, or that if you aren't using jets then your missing out.

Surely we should help these people out by listing exactly what they should be buying!

Don't hold back now, go for it. And for those looking for a head start, how about:

BP/Wing
Jets...

Ed.

I think the Transpac 2 BCD is a one to have if price is not an issue. I am still drooling and dreaming bout it.

As for the Reg, I have settled for R390ScubaPro with Air 2 and Pressure gauge. I think it's as streamline as one can get.

What do you say Ed?

@ Jazz, please make sure you know how to use the Air 2 during a "Buddy out of air situation". You will give your primary to your buddy and will then have to use your Air 2 to acend while at the same time releasing air from the BC. Have fun..........don't advise this setup.

How about:
Tank
Mask
Everything else is just "options".

theskull

What even a reg! Thats extreme diving if ever I heard it.

Ed.

I am heading out the door, but someone might want to do a search for an old, old thread where people list their dive configuration. That will give you an idea about what the members seem to like.

Spare Aire, Force Fins, Panaramic Purge Masks, Two Piece Wetsuits, Pony Bottles, Pneumatic Tank Straps, The H.U.B.,....

Oh wait, that's the guy down the street's gear. Sorry, bad dream.

hi my name is jess, I just got started diving and would like to purchase some good equitment thats not to expensive for cold water diving.....thanks

Back
Top Bottom