The New Atomic TFX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So don’t buy it - Atomic has obviously done the research to establish that people will pay for this new regulator or they would not have invested in bringing it to market. Companies charge what the market will bear, regardless of what you think the price should be… lol

I, for one, couldn’t care less what folks here think a “deserving” price should be - If the price Atomic is asking is too much for you to stomach, that’s your problem!
Let's not forget that Atomic is not above playing funny business. They will be happy to charge you a $700. premium for anodizing their T3 into a rainbow T25.
At the same time they will sell you the functionally identical Z2 for $569.

Yeah, I'm bummed it isn't being released (yet) with a Z4 first...
Damned marketing guys...

So don’t buy it - Atomic has obviously done the research to establish that people will pay for this new regulator or they would not have invested in bringing it to market. Companies charge what the market will bear, regardless of what you think the price should be… lol

I, for one, couldn’t care less what folks here think a “deserving” price should be - If the price Atomic is asking is too much for you to stomach, that’s your problem!

You can lead the horse to the water but you can't make him drink (or understand in this context).

Let’s think about the performance of the pilot from the 70’s, redesign into Atomic TFX (Titanium front exhaust)… Atomic Superior design and manufacturing… who wouldn’t be excited.

There’s a sucker born every minute.
So those of us that will buy are stupid and suckers? Do you really think that this statement is polite and necessary? I won't call you names for your thoughts and preferences and choice of inferior cheap equipment, so please respect those of us that have different line of thinking and priorities from you. No one here is reaching into your pockets or bank accounts to pay for their regulator or equipment.

Let's not forget that Atomic is not above playing funny business. They will be happy to charge you a $700. premium for anodizing their T3 into a rainbow T25.
At the same time they will sell you the functionally identical Z2 for $569.
Not funny business at all - it’s a free market and no one is forcing you to buy any of the Atomic products. You have to “love” the mentality of many folks here: If they see no value in something, no one else should either!

Hay, everybody! Let's lighten up here! This is a fun discussion of new old technology. If I'm a fanboi, big deal! If the reg is too expensive, big deal! There's lots of both on this Board.

Let’s think about the performance of the pilot from the 70’s, redesign into Atomic TFX (Titanium front exhaust)… Atomic Superior design and manufacturing… who wouldn’t be excited.

Yeah, I'm bummed it isn't being released (yet) with a Z4 first...
Damned marketing guys...
Finance and Marketing guys… and normally how these things work: introduce in flagship and trickle down to rest of line over time.

BTW - looks like they improved the comfort swivel as well. I know they had issues with their old supplier as I had called Atomic last year when trying to find replacement comfort swivel hoses for my 7 year old T3 - so maybe improvements came with a new supplier as well.

Easy, @BoltSnap . It's just a local US expression with a long history from PT Barnum circus days. He didn't mean anything by it. That's why I teased him.

"This way to the Egress!" :rofl3:
While it is a local US expression with circus origins, it is derogatory in nature and is generally interpreted to mean exactly what @BoltSnap suggested!

Why some here have issues with how others choose to spend their money is beyond me!

Back
Top Bottom