The MV ScubaBoard...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am a strong believer in switching hot. This keeps the energized portion of a circuit in a smaller area which may help prevent problems if wires chafe or some other similar action. Also, I like to keep to one standard when wiring thing... helps me remember how I did it years down the road:)

Regarding the engine, I could be wrong but I don't remember marinized Iron Dukes, just the 3.0s were marinized. I had an Iron Duke in my company car in 1985, a Chevy Celebrity Station Wagon, 90,000 trouble free miles in three years :)

I agree on switching hot. And wiring is critical. If the hull and engine are sound, it will last a long time. Take the time to do the wiring right. You're not doing this for resale value, you're doing it because you want it to be reliable and repairable when required. Do it right, do it once.

This is what proper boat wiring can/should look like:
IMG_0004Medium.jpg

Take the time to do the wiring right. You're not doing this for resale value, you're doing it because you want it to be reliable and repairable when required. Do it right, do it once.

IMG_0004Medium.jpg

:thumb:

Is that a plastic/waterproof box? I like it!

I was asked on another forum to give pictures of the outdrive since they didn't make them in 1968. I'm glad I did, since it showed me the terminus for the shift cable. Here they are!

NetDocsBoat-61.jpg

Outdrive

NetDocsBoat-71.jpg

Outdrive showing "270"

Now I understand why it is so damn difficult to have a call with you! You are out there having fun with her :D

Send pictures and we will put the MV ScubaBoard in the sim :wink:

Alberto

Doc you really must have p---off that guy to have him give you a boat.

After looking at more and more of these before photos, I've been trying to parse out what exactly you might have done to the previous owner.
The best that I can come up with is that you either sold his children to slavers in Somalia or you ate his dog alive in front of him while the guy was duct taped to a lawn chair.

You are out there having fun with her :D
If by "there" you mean the front yard and by "fun" you mean sweating in the Florida Sun, then we are in agreement. On the brighter side, Moon Jellies have invaded my reefs and I am still itching from my last time out. So, a bit of boat work is a good thing.

I feel for you. In my lifetime I have done 4 boat restorations from 19 feet to 31 feet. Finished the 4th and last about 5 years ago, never again.

Back
Top Bottom