The MV ScubaBoard...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Well folks, karma has been good to me. I try to do what's right and good things seem to happen when I help others out. No, that's not why I do it, but I am amazed at how life favors the helpful and kind. Sometimes, it even favors me! :D

Last week a kind soul gave me a 23 ft boat circa 1968. The engine has only two hours on a rebuild. It is an 2.5 L OMC with a Volvo Penta Outdrive. The wiring is toast and I need to re-do the supports for the front deck. I have already filled three of the four tires and replaced the front trailer jack. Hopefully tomorrow we will get paperwork done so I can drive it out of there. The glass looks PERFECT as they had just painted the hull. While its incredibly dirty from sitting and there is a small mosquito hatchery on board, I see this as a fun project. I'll take some pictures tomorrow before I get started and keep it up as I progress.

Congratulations! Boats are definitely a love-hate relationship. :D

B - bring
O - on
A - another
T - thousand

You'll love her all the more because of the sweat equity.

Two-thirds of a Chevy six. Easy.

DC

Nice! I hope it serves you well!

May I humbly suggest:

SS Legal Defense Fund

as the name?

:joke: :joke:

Two-thirds of a Chevy six. Easy.

DC
Yeah, after 30 years in automotive, the engine is the least intimidating part of that boat. It's probably in the best shape too, though the bottom paint looks really, really nice.

Definition of a boat - a hole in the water into which you throw money!

Of course, I'm jealous, good luck with it!

Back
Top Bottom