The Morrison Spring Cavern Project

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, I am sure you could handle the lights...it is just I am not sure that you could handle carrying all the batteries since you are.....how should I say this....Vertically Challenged.:D

I bet i can get at least 3 more lights.. can I have 2 on each hand??? :D

Last edited:
Actually, I am sure you could handle the lights...it is just I am not sure that you could handle carrying all the batteries since you are.....how should I say this....Vertically Challenged.:D

Ohhhhhhhh, now i get it.:wink:

There is an image stabilization option that I may try to help the sharpness, but I don't think the camera moved (weighted to the bottom with a weight belt)...

Unless you pick up the Leica/Panasonic 14-50 with OIS image stabalization, the only image stabilization your camera has is the less than optimal(by a long shot) electronic method which basically just increases ISO so it can shoot at a faster shutterspeed to negate any shake. Increasing the ISO will increase noise.

E510/E520/E30/E3's are the only Oly dSLR bodies with true sensor based IS. All the rest of us Oly users(including the E330 and the same with my two bodies E420 and E1) either have to buy the Leica/Panasonic lenses with lense based IS, or hold the camera real steady like :D

What does my shortness have to do with it? If I got belt space I can string those batteries. Sure would be a mess of chords.

Those two paragraphs are why I am working on the lights and other issues. It is also the reason I bought an automatic camera like the G10.:lotsalove: I will let the great minds figure the camera technology out.

Unless you pick up the Leica/Panasonic 14-50 with OIS image stabalization, the only image stabilization your camera has is the less than optimal(by a long shot) electronic method which basically just increases ISO so it can shoot at a faster shutterspeed to negate any shake. Increasing the ISO will increase noise.

E510/E520/E30/E3's are the only Oly dSLR bodies with true sensor based IS. All the rest of us Oly users(including the E330 and the same with my two bodies E420 and E1) either have to buy the Leica/Panasonic lenses with lense based IS, or hold the camera real steady like :D

I was trying to give you a compliment...you aren't wide enough to string all those batteries on your belt....but okay, we will string you up...and light you up.

What does my shortness have to do with it? If I got belt space I can string those batteries. Sure would be a mess of chords.

I was trying to give you a compliment...you aren't wide enough to string all those batteries on your belt....but okay, we will string you up...and light you up.

ohh well yeah I was thinking about that.. but that would've been horizontally challenged. thank you. I can get 4... no more probably. haha

...the only image stabilization your camera has is the less than optimal(by a long shot) electronic method which basically just increases ISO so it can shoot at a faster shutterspeed to negate any shake. Increasing the ISO will increase noise. ...

I wondered why nobody ever said they used that feature - what a cheat! :D

I have been using my memory, and the drawings of the cavern to try and come up with a plan of where to place the camera(s) and lights for the picture. I am sure most of you are familiar with the Morrison maps.

Morrison Springs

Exley says that the sheriff blew up the arch at about 100ft. Checked my log and the deepest I have recorded in Morrison is 92 feet. The maps show an arch at around the 90 foot level. Do you think the rocks that rise up real high by where the flow comes out...are remnants of the arch? Hopefully some of you can figure out what I am talking about.

Also, doesn't the Exley drawing show two entrances to the old cave?

Just wondering.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom