The Morrison Spring Cavern Project

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got an email back saying they'll have a guy out there at 2:00pm. Which means I'll swing by Vortex and film there first then head over to Morrison. I'm sure I'll be there before the Parks and Rec guy is so I'll have time to setup and film a little around the park before hand.

Is there going to be an attempt to take the Picture this weekend with the filming of Brian's clip?

Bugman is correct. Yoda isn't off work for a little bit and I was stuck in 3 caverns today!! Tommorrow and Sunday will be stuck in a few more....living in Florida sucks! No that is wrong....siphons suck.:D

Doubt it, Glen's gonna be stuck in a cavern, elsewhere - LOL!

..and springs blow!

They're all divable with a little planning! LOL

Morrison was flooded out. I sent a guy down to see how bad the vis was and he said it was dark water with near zero vis all the way down to the cavern enterence.

I taked to the guy from Parks and Rec about the "No Diving" signs. (this is the guy that put the signs up) The sign means no diving head first into the water. He said when they gave him the signs he questioned the management and they said these are ment in the same fasion as the ones at the county pools. Scuba diving is allowed he's been there when there were classes and everything.

The "park closed" signs mean don't use the facilities. I told him about the roumer of divers being ticketed and he said that they can't ticket you because you havent done anything wrong. Now, this is from the guy that installed the signs and he should know what the intent was. Walking through the park is acceptable as is parking at the boat ramp and swimming to the spring.

They are installing a bouy line for the spring head to keep boats out of the area. They are also installing ladders. The bouys and ladders are in the office to be installed and those are items that ARE NOT holding the opening up. DEP has to come out there and they've been putting the county off. The Parks and Rec dept is very frustrated and they know we are also.

When is the park opening? As soon as DEP gets on the stick and inspects the water quality of the drinking fountian. However from what the Parks and Rec guy said we can dive there.

Morrison was flooded out. I sent a guy down to see how bad the vis was and he said it was dark water with near zero vis all the way down to the cavern enterence.

I taked to the guy from Parks and Rec about the "No Diving" signs. (this is the guy that put the signs up) The sign means no diving head first into the water. He said when they gave him the signs he questioned the management and they said these are ment in the same fasion as the ones at the county pools. Scuba diving is allowed he's been there when there were classes and everything.

The "park closed" signs mean don't use the facilities. I told him about the roumer of divers being ticketed and he said that they can't ticket you because you havent done anything wrong. Now, this is from the guy that installed the signs and he should know what the intent was. Walking through the park is acceptable as is parking at the boat ramp and swimming to the spring.

They are installing a bouy line for the spring head to keep boats out of the area. They are also installing ladders. The bouys and ladders are in the office to be installed and those are items that ARE NOT holding the opening up. DEP has to come out there and they've been putting the county off. The Parks and Rec dept is very frustrated and they know we are also.

When is the park opening? As soon as DEP gets on the stick and inspects the water quality of the drinking fountian. However from what the Parks and Rec guy said we can dive there.

Hmm, not to come off as arguementative or anything, but I would be curious as to who this person is and what their function is within the county.

I ask because I have spoken with Chris Mitchell (Walton County Public Information) numerous times and each time, he is emphatic about the spring run and basin being closed to divers. This is due to the area being considered a construction zone (I know, they are not building in the water) and liability issues for the construction company and county. Chris is getting his information directly from Commisioner Brannon's office.

If the info being put out by the County Public Info office is inaccurate, that's awesome - let's dive! However, I would hate for anyone to run afoul of "Big John Law" because of a "He said/She said" situation.

Again, not trying to be an @$$, just curious as to which county official has the most accurate information.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom