The Morrison Spring Cavern Project

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Photoshop Elements 5.0 is what I have. ... I have not been able to find any RAW processing features on Photoshop Elements yet. ... Not sure if that program will read the RAW files that Bill's camera writes...

Elements 5.0 is what I have and it can convert the E-330 Olympus RAW files with no problem.

OK, what time do we want to get there?

If we want to do a day and night dive...I guess we could start in the afternoon. That would also give it a little time to warm up. How about meeting at Vortex at 1 PM? Would that work for you? I am open to any time though.

Are your strobes rigged with optical sensors? Pointing them AT my strobe may not be such a good idea :D. If your strobes can pick up the ricochet from my strobe they should fire OK. We could prop them up on the bottom and point them toward the walls - like I will do with my sunpak.

Yeah, I wasn't talking about pointing right at the strobes. :D The sensors can pick up the ricochet. We will have to just experiment with their placement. Should be fun to see what we can get to work out.

PSE3/4/5/6/7 is bundled with a program called Adobe Camera Raw(ACR) which is a RAW converter that allows for RAW editting. It SHOULD open up automatically, if you choose to open a RAW file with PSE.

Typically most people just do all there editing with Photoshop, since ACR will allow for RAW editting, which then exports automatically into the regular PSE Editting program for converting to jpg or whatever else.

Anyone else want to meet us at Vortex on Monday? Yoda and myself will be there from 1 PM till after dark.

Sounds good to me.

Can't do a Monday, but hopefully I can help with the real thing :) Let me know if I need to get you guys the 11-22, it may(or may not) fit SeaYoda's port/dome? You'll want to get as wide an angle as possible due to water decreasing the field of view, to pull all of Morrison into frame.

We will see how the test shots work out. A wide angle will be a really important to capture the scope of Morrison. Something we really haven't talked about it attempting a panorama type shot. We have the software that will let us paste them together...the problem of course would be getting the shots to overlap properly with the lighting issues.

I hope out tests Monday will shed some light on the subject....literally.

Can't do a Monday, but hopefully I can help with the real thing :) Let me know if I need to get you guys the 11-22, it may(or may not) fit SeaYoda's port/dome? You'll want to get as wide an angle as possible due to water decreasing the field of view, to pull all of Morrison into frame.

...Let me know if I need to get you guys the 11-22, it may(or may not) fit SeaYoda's port/dome? You'll want to get as wide an angle as possible due to water decreasing the field of view, to pull all of Morrison into frame.
It would be great to use the 11-22 if it fits in the housing. Having the dome port helps to eliminate the field of view thing - same principle was what HydroOptix came up with for my mask. A wider lens would just make things even better!

We will see how the test shots work out. A wide angle will be a really important to capture the scope of Morrison. Something we really haven't talked about it attempting a panorama type shot. We have the software that will let us paste them together...the problem of course would be getting the shots to overlap properly with the lighting issues. ...
I was thinking about the panorama option too. I think it could be OK if we get the lighting close - photoshop can blend the problem areas. Even if the lighting doesn't match, the ability to see the whole picture with the limited eqiuipment we have is still a big plus in my book.

I was thinking about the end product of our project and the subject of copyright and use of the images came to mind. This can be a sticky area that could hurt some feelings. This is what I propose that we agree to:

1. "Everyone that participates in the day of the shoot" holds part of the copyright. This would be those who own the cameras, provide other equipment used for the photographs, and have a direct part in the diving activities used to create the photographs. Ancillary support that qualifies would be determined on a case by case basis.

2. "Everyone that participates in the day of the shoot" gets copies of the RAW files to use for their own enjoyment.

3. "Everyone that participates in the day of the shoot" can use the photographs for their own purposes without restriction. Any use that generates revenue from the photographs must be equally shared with "Everyone that participates in the day of the shoot".

Any thoughts on the subject?

Back
Top Bottom