The Morrison Spring Cavern Project

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the E-330 does the dark frame subtraction when the "noise reduction" option is turned on. The function is for long exposures with slow shutter speeds of 30 seconds and above. It says the process is activated after shooting and that shooting time is about twice as long. Sounds like the right thing to me.

Glen, just for fun, I tried my cam, and it has the same 15 second shutter limit.

Must be a Canon thing!

I tried to find the setting in my wife's D40, but woah, that camera has too many buttons and menus, it scares me! I'm guessing it would do a hold but would require a remote, heck who knows tho.

Yeah, not sure why Canon does that. With all the manual features my G10 has, it will not allow you to extend shutter speed past the 15 second mark.

Glen, just for fun, I tried my cam, and it has the same 15 second shutter limit.

Must be a Canon thing!

I tried to find the setting in my wife's D40, but woah, that camera has too many buttons and menus, it scares me! I'm guessing it would do a hold but would require a remote, heck who knows tho.

You are such a girl! (Sorry girls to insult you like that) Come on...you need to help us with this....I will bring donuts....with flavor crumbles on the top, I mean vegetable crumbles!:D

Glen alerted me to this thread, I have been non-existant at SB lately!

I don't really have anything useful to bring to the discussion unfortunately...

I don't have a good camera to do the shot with.

I don't have a high power cave light.

I don't have slave strobes.

And I can't take time off thanksgiving weekend or the weekdays after.

I know, I'm a killjoy :(

If you guys go sometime later this winter, I'll be there as some type of support!

Not sure what the date is yet...we are going to do a test somewhere so we can test things until Morrison opens. Looking at possibly testing things at Cypress Cavern or Vortex Cavern...hopefully soon.

When might this be going on? I'd be interested in trying to be there as a support dive outside the cavern.

Hopefully in my dry suit and doubles. :)

Michael

I can do a test dive at JB, Vortex or where ever. Even on week days. I have lights and camera (compact) I also have video cameras if we want to video the area for future planing.

Sounds like we have the cameras pretty close to being figured out...at least enough to do some tests and then refine things from there. Let's talk about the lights. It seems to me that we need some lights that can throw the widest beam possible. Even if we move around the cavern shinning lights...if it is a tight beam....we will just have some pictures with lines going up the cavern walls.

What lights will work best?

I still say have a couple divers with predetermined areas to light up with strobes, and have a couple divers paint the walls from outside the frame all together(to keep from having hot spots or the possibility of them accidentally aiming too far towards the camera - leaving a light trail).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom