The FIRST thing people say...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The best one was, "I'm really impressed that you would take up something so dangerous at your . . . (clear facial "oops") position in life."

Ber Rabbit:
"Where do you do that around here?" is what they ask me but then I live in Ohio :D
Ber :lilbunny:

OH LORD, how many times have I heard this one!! The really funny part is when you find someone that is a diver and they ask you where you dive around here. HELLOO, didn't you know that we have a dive shop to go ask questions like that.

Shark question, nope never been asked about that but I don't think there are many sharks in the mid west. Now there ARE fresh water jelly fish in OH.

Diver Dennis:
Sometimes but the real problem is the sharks are afraid of me, so it's tough to get good close up shots.

So you think your some sort of tough guy, eh?

I've heard it, but there aren't many sharks where I dive, so I usually reply with something like "No more afraid than you are of leopards."

LOL! Sharks are no big deal. BLUEGILL on the other hand :wink:
Ber :lilbunny:

Missdirected:
So you think your some sort of tough guy, eh?

Nope, I just like sharks,eh...:D

Someone at the office asked if I had to drop my weights at the end of every dive so I can get back to the surface.

Dave (aka "Squirt")

One other odd question I've had posed to me was, "Do you have to know how to swim in order to dive?"

Well, it would probably help!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom