The FIRST thing people say...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I get the "aren't you afraid of sharks/have you seen a shark" question most often. It's often followed by "how deep do you go?"

I love the people at one dive site who come up and say "There's a car in there that was driven off the cliff into the quarry by someone attempting suicide"---UMM yeah, right after they took the engine out :wink:

Then there's the train in the trench--uh huh...and the tunnel that goes under the road connecting the two quarries--riiiiiight!
Ber :lilbunny:

1) "I wish I could do that. I've always wanted to try scuba diving."

2) "Have you found any treasure yet?"

And after you explain everything, (like sharks are more afraid of you than you are of them, it's the little things that can hurt you more than a shark, etc.) they say one of two things:

1) I'd like to try that some day.
2) You're crazy.

I know you were Tracey...:D

LOL! Good list so far....pretty common most of them.

The funkiest I have ever heard was, "Why do you want to go down there? What is wrong with dry land" or from the same person "Why would you want to do something silly like that when you can just golf"

1. where do you dive around here...Idaho
2. what do you see
3. aren't you afraid of sharks
4. how deep have you been
5. don't you have to know how to swim....
6. how long can you stay down there
7. how expensive is it

Do you see sharks/Aren't you afraid of sharks? (yes, we are diving where you are swimming...right next to a fishing pier!!!)
(After a night dive) How can you see?
Is the equipment heavy?
Can you dive during your period?
Are you afraid of the sharks?
What do you see?
Where do you go?
How deep is it?
How long can you stay down?
Can I borrow equipment and go diving with you sometime?
How big are the sharks?

Back
Top Bottom