The FIRST thing people say...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hemlon:
I get that sometimes here too even though Austin supposedly has one of the clearest lakes in the state.

But I'm not as puzzled by that question as I am by the shark one.
We had a student in a class I DM'd for who was terrified of sharks. The check-out dives were going to be at the local quarry and he said, "There aren't any sharks there right?" We told him that there was indeed a shark there, made out of metal and he was adamant about not seeing it whether it was fake or not. :06:
Ber :lilbunny:

Ber Rabbit:
We had a student in a class I DM'd for who was terrified of sharks. The check-out dives were going to be at the local quarry and he said, "There aren't any sharks there right?" We told him that there was indeed a shark there, made out of metal and he was adamant about not seeing it whether it was fake or not. :06:

Wow...now THAT'S a phobia! How did he do?

He did fine (naturally we took him past the shark) but he said it freaked him out to see it there and he never wanted to see another one.

"How much Oxygen do you have in your tank?" I always answer, 21% or 32% or 36%.

I get the shark question too, but usually people say "Aren't you scared?"

I've heard most of the list but the one I get the most is, "Aren't you cold?"

Uncle Pug:
"What do you see down there?"
heard that one several times,
or isn't it cold?

Back
Top Bottom