The DANGLE challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hope your "buddy" doesn't visit the boards, might get a little upset. But since we're criticizing people, I guess its open season.

Here are a few observations of the other diver in the photo.

1) His trim sucks
2) That light needs to be stowed
3) The LP inflator needs to be bungied down
4) The secondary hose needs to be routed better, its all over the place.
5) The HP hose only needs to be that long if you want a guy on the boat to be able to see your pressure while you do your safety.

Maybe you should have cropped yourself out before you posted this.

Of course he is aware. Duh. I stated previously that he said he had no shame. Unlike me he has a tough hide. But thanks for the tips. Much appreciated. No wait...you must be a DIR regular. I've been warned. :monkeydan

Yeah, but where is his Aquamaraca? How is he going to get anyone's attention if he something happens. Gosh, do I have to think of everything?

tridacna:
Of course he is aware. Duh. I stated previously that he said he had no shame. Unlike me he has a tough hide. But thanks for the tips. Much appreciated. No wait...you must be a DIR regular. I've been warned. :monkeydan

No he is not a DIR regular, he just has really low dangle factor

drharness6.jpg

drharness3.jpg

those images are NOT DIR, but they are clean with no danglies, again not a DIR rig

What is the suicide clip holding on the rig? Is that a light?

Debraw:
Yeah, but where is his Aquamaraca? How is he going to get anyone's attention if he something happens. Gosh, do I have to think of everything?

Actually, that is one of the better designed ones I have seen. Does it have some kind of "leadshot" inside? Like a rattle?

BTW you are correct: He is missing a conventional tank-banger. :14:

tridacna:
What is the suicide clip holding on the rig? Is that a light?

yes that is a light, it forms a closed loop so a suicide clip is ok to be used there, these are older pictures of my rig and there have been some changes since, but I'm just showing that you can have a clean rig without being DIR.

Your buddy in the original picture looks like he's having an underwater yard sale. When I saw the picture of him with the jug, I couldn't stop laughing. What is he thinking of?

tridacna:
Actually, that is one of the better designed ones I have seen. Does it have some kind of "leadshot" inside? Like a rattle?

BTW you are correct: He is missing a conventional tank-banger. :14:

Yes it does have a rattle inside. Makes a pretty good nose too and compact. The reason I have them in my dive shop is because these two VERY good looking men came into my dive to sell them to me. They were driving a hummer. They had crisp, starched shirts on. They were clean , cut good looking and had me sold on whatever they were selling when they hit the door. I bought 12.
What color do you want? I have to sell my remaining stock so I can get them to deliver some more to me.

Back
Top Bottom