The DANGLE challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OE2X:
Looks like he knows where everything is and is all squared away. :D:D:D

You're slipping...:D

He forgot his SMB with spool, signal mirror, lift bag, wreck reel, thigh pocket with extra mask....:D

Debraw:
Yes it does have a rattle inside. Makes a pretty good nose too and compact. The reason I have them in my dive shop is because these two VERY good looking men came into my dive to sell them to me. They were driving a hummer. They had crisp, starched shirts on. They were clean , cut good looking and had me sold on whatever they were selling when they hit the door. I bought 12.
What color do you want? I have to sell my remaining stock so I can get them to deliver some more to me.

I'm sure that my buddy would be interested IF you sold them with a long loop of something to attach to a clip so that addition DF is obtained. Perhaps a few in different colors would be great. Maybe...they could replace the jug? :lol2:

PaulChristenson:
You're slipping...:D

He forgot his SMB with spool, signal mirror, lift bag, wreck reel, thigh pocket with extra mask....:D

The light was black though so he gets extra credit there.... :eyemouth:

D_O_H:
Well done, my friend. Well done.

:god: Thank you very much. Much appreciated. You see, it was so black that it was difficult to see. Against the black wetsuit, the black rig, black mask and black regs. That's why the brass suicide clip was so easy to spot. I'm sure that the latest DIR manual includes instructions on painting all clips black. It's that nuisance uniformity thing...dang this black humour anyway!

tridacna:
:god: Thank you very much. Much appreciated. You see, it was so black that it was difficult to see. Against the black wetsuit, the black rig, black mask and black regs. That's why the brass suicide clip was so easy to spot. I'm sure that the latest DIR manual includes instructions on painting all clips black. It's that nuisance uniformity thing...dang this black humour anyway!

Guess you can't read there buddy, I've stated more than once its not DIR, thats why I posted it to show that there are methods besides DIR that will keep a rig clean and tight, suicide clips are not DIR, I choose to use them in that location however, because I am not DIR, that rig also has a pocket on the left, quick release on the crotch strap, which are aslo, not DIR, it is a Dive Rite harness that is not a single piece of webbing, also not DIR, you can do a rig the same way with a DSS, Fed T plate, however you want, knife on the right, left, no quick release, no suicide clips, stainless steel, brass, whatever you want, those pics are just one example of a non DIR rig that doesn't have danglies, as far as black, thats what color that happens to come in, if you want it in pink, feel free, if you want to continue on about DIR go ahead but you might want to re read my posts before you pick on the rig being DIR, because it is not.

FIXXERVI6:
Guess you can't read there buddy.

Relax. I can read. My eyes were just a little dark from the LooseNuts flame. That was just a little black humor to offset his troll. It is odd how all DIR bigots feel obligated to point out the inanities of diving in any other way other than theirs. I apologise if you think that I was picking on you. I was derisory only because of his determination to turn a fun posting into the usual DIR "only we know how to dive" critique. But it shouldn't have been aimed at you. :banghead:

tridacna:
I'm sure that my buddy would be interested IF you sold them with a long loop of something to attach to a clip so that addition DF is obtained. Perhaps a few in different colors would be great. Maybe...they could replace the jug? :lol2:

I am sure that they would attach a bit of bungee or cave line to it for him. Maybe he needs a pair on his fins. He wouldn't be able to figure out where they were before it was to late if you put them elsewhere.
Attach one to one fin and another to the other. When he needs your attention he closes his eyes and clicks his fins together three times and says..theres no place like the shore. :D

crpntr133:
Attach one to one fin and another to the other. When he needs your attention he closes his eyes and clicks his fins together three times and says..theres no place like the shore. :D

Ok. I can see it now. TapFinning. "There's no business like the dive business..." (Apologies to AGYG).
:chicken:

tridacna:
Attached is a picture of me and a buddy diving the Salt Pier in Bonaire. (I'm on the right). I challenge anyone to show me anyone with a higher dangle factor (DF). Based on this picture, he has a DF of 7.5, made up as follows:

1. Huge slate,
2. Light One,
3. Light Two
4. Octo,
4. Computer/SPG,
5. Fish ID chart,
6. Airtight carrying case (The yellow thing on his right),
7. The camera

The camera only counts for 1/2 point because his holding it BUT he usually lets that dangle too.

On his next dive, he added one more item, but I don't have a picture. Dang!

:D

And if his wetsuit had a zipper and that was open, he'd have a Dangle factor of 8 ? :D

Back
Top Bottom