The DANGLE challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Debraw:
The reason I have them in my dive shop is because these two VERY good looking men came into my dive to sell them to me. They were driving a hummer. They had crisp, starched shirts on. They were clean , cut good looking and had me sold on whatever they were selling when they hit the door. I bought 12.
What color do you want? I have to sell my remaining stock so I can get them to deliver some more to me.
Interesting buying technique. . .

froop:
I looks more like a Magna Doodle (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00000J06I?v=glance)

I bought one to try out while diving (about 5"x3"). But I've never managed to bring myself to actually take it with me underwater!

If you go to walmart you can buy that one for 88 cents. It is in the toy section where you can buy party favors and such. You can also buy 88 cent glow sticks that are the same ones you pay $2-4 for elsewhere and they work the same. Mine usually last for 8-10 hours.

As for the 88 cent slate. I have had it down to 130fsw and over 30 dives. It works great and hasn't had any problems at any depth. I have a belt pocket on my eclipse and it fits easily. I figure $30 because the other ones you buy say SCUBA is a joke. This one is much better because of less extra plastic to take up space and I can buy 35 of them for the price of one of the others.

What I am amazed at is that you both made it back from that dive alive. It boggles the mind that you didn't get entangled in your buddy's mess.

Thanks for a good laugh. I don't think anyone has asked one of the most important questions: Does he ever come into contact with the reef? Or, does he keep a good distance between him and the delicate environment?

If I were the divemaster I'd give him the warning on the first dive: "If I catch any of those danglies coming into contact with the reef you're out of the water until you've changed your set-up to something I feel is acceptable".

rockjock3:
What I am amazed at is that you both made it back from that dive alive. It boggles the mind that you didn't get entangled in your buddy's mess.

That's what he carried his dive knife for...:D ...remove that entanglement...:D

**ping**:
And if his wetsuit had a zipper and that was open, he'd have a Dangle factor of 8 ? :D

Nope. It would be 10. You figure it out. :D

ramblinpaul:
I don't think anyone has asked one of the most important questions: Does he ever come into contact with the reef? Or, does he keep a good distance between him and the delicate environment?

He's actually not too bad considering the diveshop hanging midship below. Occasionally, he'll bump into something. (Heck -how could he not?). But overall, not completely destructive.

rockjock3:

We stay well clear of the entrapment basin. He did catch a nice lobster though once without really trying. Just got snared. Go figure. Just lucky that they have a ban on seine fishing in most places! :gulp18:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom