The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are definitely talking about the same Puff Daddy. I'll put some pics up once they are processed. Puff Daddy's belly is definitely still big. Puff Mama is nearby, and is a much lighter color, similar size.

We weren't able to find Big Daddy or Big Mamma on today's dive, but not for the lack of trying.

How was the night dive?

Big=Baby=orange-colored?

Just home - gear and me rinsed. I was worried it was going to be a bit of a cluster: there were a lot of divers getting ready. Between them and the remaining picnickers I had to settle for second row parking! We got in a little early to avoid the rush.

It was amazing! Lost count around 15 octopi - did we see that one already or is it a new one?!? Lots of little eels peeking out of holes: sharptail, spotted and golden moray, tiny crabs every where. Another baby sea robin, a huge flying gunard. An interesting shrimp with day-glo eyes I need to look up in the book. Just a delightful dive, in spite of a few traffic jams.

We stayed under for 98 minutes, which is longer than my normal night dives. Water temp 77. The current was pretty strong the whole time.

I spoke to two different Force E employees. It appears Big/Baby Daddy gave birth. Both said "the orange one near ____." It was witnessed/photographed by a professional photographer who does not want to share photos or even much info. I wonder why???

I, on the other hand, will be happy to share tonight's octopi photos --- tomorrow.

Last edited:
We are definitely talking about the same Puff Daddy. I'll put some pics up once they are processed. Puff Daddy's belly is definitely still big. Puff Mama is nearby, and is a much lighter color, similar size.

That's wonderful news! I'm going back up Tuesday morning - I'll look for him and Mama.

Thanks!

Just got back from this evening's dive...octopi all over the place..and fun to watch under the lights. Garden eels (?), and a critter I'll only describe as a strange looking worm (maybe) that pops back into his hole when the lights come on. I'll be in the Humann book later tonite for him...

Great dive. My computer said 76 degrees.

All about octopi Saturday night ...

octo2.jpg (Tim - there's your line)

octo3.jpg octo4.jpg

octo6.jpg octo5.jpg

It appears Big/Baby Daddy gave birth. Both said "the orange one near ____." It was witnessed/photographed by a professional photographer who does not want to share photos or even much info.

It would be logical that if they are a professional photographer that they want to use the photos to put food on the table....

Glad to hear that you had a nice night dive! Boat dive this morning!

From the last Saturday in February. This little guy acted like most juvenile damsels and wasn't very cooperative with his poses. I suspected that it might be a juvenile bicolor, but Google is no help. Pretty sure I've never seen a juvenile damsel with these colors. . .

Kevin

Attachments

• IMG_4705wa.jpg
    IMG_4705wa.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_4704wa.jpg
    IMG_4704wa.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4703wa.jpg
    IMG_4703wa.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 49
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/