The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Question for you regular trolls.

I was there last evening doing weight checks. (I looked like a collector when my inflator got stuck)

My buddy was checking out the strobe I traded him for the TV in my garage. (some nice pics. I guess the camera does matter)

In any event. There was a a white low voltage wire running from the first piling west of the sailboat ramp all the way to the drop off at the channel, just south of the piling. Did somebody lay a line?

It was a nice navigational aid once I realized where it began and terminated.

Where can I find this? I have been navigating the night dives by compass but this sounds like it would sure be handy.

My wife and I will be there tonight.

Jet,...Never saw any of our buddies, hope you see them tonight and they have not been collected.
I am planning to be there Tuesday morning too. I'll be by the playground as usual and diving west side. Have fun tonight!

77 deg this morning. Didn't get in till 7ish, but still got over 90 minutes. Saw puff daddy and puff mama. tons of octopus out today, saw 15-20 of them. very fishy and very uncrowded.

Where can I find this? I have been navigating the night dives by compass but this sounds like it would sure be handy.

Enter at the sailboat ramp. Navigate West to stay on the South side of the bridge pilings.

At the first piling West of the ramp you'l spot the large cable with a a strand (or something) standing up like a "7" about 12 or 14 " above the bottom.
That is where I first noticed the wire. White, maybe 1/4 inch in diameter. (in my minds eye, I realize I had seen it before)

In some places growth kind of hides it. A couple places it was in the sand. In any event, it runs right along the south side of the bridge to the drop off at the channel.

77 deg this morning. Didn't get in till 7ish, but still got over 90 minutes. Saw puff daddy and puff mama. tons of octopus out today, saw 15-20 of them. very fishy and very uncrowded.

I was at the park last Sunday driving around for 20 minutes trying to find a parking spot. High was about 1:30. With no parking on the Bridge anymore, my buddy and I couldn't even drop and park. There were trailer rigs parked in the car parking (being ticketed of course) taking up 2 to 6 spaces each.

I was thinking that Skip at Force-E should set up a shuttle service.

That wire has definitely been there for well over a year. I remember using it for navigation at night last year.

I was at the park last Sunday driving around for 20 minutes trying to find a parking spot. High was about 1:30. With no parking on the Bridge anymore, my buddy and I couldn't even drop and park. There were trailer rigs parked in the car parking (being ticketed of course) taking up 2 to 6 spaces each.

I was thinking that Skip at Force-E should set up a shuttle service.

We really don't even consider going mid-day on the weekend anymore....I suppose a 9am arrival for a 1:30 tide could get you a good parking spot. That was part of the allure this morning...how many people are going to get to the park before the sun comes up to dive? One class of about 4 people + 2 instructors, and then maybe another half dozen divers.

That wire has definitely been there for well over a year.

Doh!

I do recall seeing it before, but I never made the connection until Thursday evening that it ran where it did. I wasted all that effort using a compass during my other dives.

(God knows I do need the practice though.)

We really don't even consider going mid-day on the weekend anymore....I suppose a 9am arrival for a 1:30 tide could get you a good parking spot. That was part of the allure this morning...how many people are going to get to the park before the sun comes up to dive? One class of about 4 people + 2 instructors, and then maybe another half dozen divers.

I suspected it was going to be bad. In the past, especially during season, I avoided it too. But I had to do some weight checks. I've dropped about 15# and 3% body fat since December. And I'm switching wetsuits to.

My buddy and I ended up blowing off an hour or so of work to get in Thursday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom