The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Question for you regular trolls.

I was there last evening doing weight checks. (I looked like a collector when my inflator got stuck)

My buddy was checking out the strobe I traded him for the TV in my garage. (some nice pics. I guess the camera does matter)

In any event. There was a a white low voltage wire running from the first piling west of the sailboat ramp all the way to the drop off at the channel, just south of the piling. Did somebody lay a line?

It was a nice navigational aid once I realized where it began and terminated.

Some more. . .

The blenny in the upper right of one of the pics may be the one that the moray nailed in the video of the "collector" that I posted a while back.

Attachments

• IMG_4416wa.jpg
    IMG_4416wa.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4435wa.jpg
    IMG_4435wa.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4458wa.jpg
    IMG_4458wa.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_4462wa.jpg
    IMG_4462wa.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4467wa.jpg
    IMG_4467wa.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4405wa.jpg
    IMG_4405wa.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4363wa.jpg
    IMG_4363wa.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_4344wa.jpg
    IMG_4344wa.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4343wa.jpg
    IMG_4343wa.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_4468wa.jpg
    IMG_4468wa.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4472wa.jpg
    IMG_4472wa.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 38
Question for you regular trolls.

I was there last evening doing weight checks. (I looked like a collector when my inflator got stuck)

My buddy was checking out the strobe I traded him for the TV in my garage. (some nice pics. I guess the camera does matter)

In any event. There was a a white low voltage wire running from the first piling west of the sailboat ramp all the way to the drop off at the channel, just south of the piling. Did somebody lay a line?

Splilip, did it seem like a recent addition? I saw something like you describe about a month ago. I just assumed it had been there all along.

There was a a white low voltage wire running from the first piling west of the sailboat ramp all the way to the drop off at the channel, just south of the piling. Did somebody lay a line?

It's been there since I started diving the bridge back in September. Had no idea what it was, but it has been a right handy navigational aid for *me*.

Kevin

Turtle:

It has been there a while considering the growth.

I thought perhaps Force-E put it down for the night dives?

Last time I was there (Months) it was not here. It runs along the cable that is visible not visible. I used mu compass going to the wall, but returning we used the wire. Very easy to find.

Angry turtle.
See above. I guess mntlblok answered our questions. :)

Still learning about nudi pics. Kind of wondering if the white squiggly might be eggs. Bedtime.

Attachments

• IMG_4475wa.jpg
    IMG_4475wa.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4476wa.jpg
    IMG_4476wa.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_4480wa.jpg
    IMG_4480wa.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 51
I think that line has been there for easily a year, and it is a great navagational aid.
Tonight's (15/4/11) dive was great. The water was warmish at 79, and viz was about 30 with lots of particulate in the water. Every bottle I looked at seemed to have an octopus inside.
Lots of divers there. I hope they enjoyed it as much as I did

Attachments

• Blue Heron Bridge Bottled Octopus very close.JPG
    Blue Heron Bridge Bottled Octopus very close.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 52
Yeah last evening, lots of life in bottles.

I swear I saw cooltech's Blenny in a bottle.

Great photos Kevin!! LUV the arrow crab. Total pixel envy.

Thanks for the report re: last night Jim & Tim. Any more birth scuttlebutt?

Video Dude and I will be there tonight - not sure if we're bringing a BHB virgin, "JEM." Either way we'll come flying in at the last moment due to work schedules. Hopefully no northbound traffic on 95! Will post report and any photos tomorrow.

It looks like Tuesday the 19th is my best shot next week. High tide 9:51am. I'll be in the parking lot by 8:30. Still waiting to hear from VD if he can join me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom