The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's a compass?

It *does* take a couple of seconds away from bottom time, but I've found that if I go up and take a look above periscope depth that it vastly improves my navigation. :D It *ain't* real deep there. . .

Kevin

I was at the park last Sunday driving around for 20 minutes trying to find a parking spot. High was about 1:30. With no parking on the Bridge anymore, my buddy and I couldn't even drop and park. There were trailer rigs parked in the car parking (being ticketed of course) taking up 2 to 6 spaces each.

I was thinking that Skip at Force-E should set up a shuttle service.

He actually could..there is a way, leveraging the existing shuttle service that runs from the Hilton...they could run from Force E also...
It would just need "enough" divers using the service....more than 6 I would think, for each sat and for sun.

How many people would use this?

I would.

Still learning about nudi pics. Kind of wondering if the white squiggly might be eggs. Bedtime.

mntlblok: I found the same "white squiggly" stuff in one of my Flabellina verta shots as well. Didn't see it until I submitted the shot to Nudi Pixel - left it in the photo to allow them to see and perhaps identify as F verta eggs. See right side of photo.

Attachments

• FL_BHB_6677.jpg
    FL_BHB_6677.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 69
77 deg this morning. Didn't get in till 7ish, but still got over 90 minutes. Saw puff daddy and puff mama. tons of octopus out today, saw 15-20 of them. very fishy and very uncrowded.

Just want to clarify for our listening audience who you mean by "Puff Daddy." We have been referring to this pair as "Baby Daddy" and "Baby Mama":
seahorsepair.jpg (photo taken early March)

Fisheye took this photo of Baby Daddy around April 7 (I think):
DSC_3116.jpg

I found "Puff" this past Monday, April 11. He also looked very pregnant:
Puff.jpg

When I went back and watched my little video he appears very 9-months-pregnant as he lumbers up off the bottom and starts swimming away.

I'm still trying to determine which one had the babies. Can you tell who looked noticeably svelte today compared to these photos from a week ago?

I confirmed JEM is joining us tonight so I'll be driving the old-fashioned wood-panel Wally World station wagon. See you night divers later!

mntlblok: I found the same "white squiggly" stuff in one of my Flabellina verta shots as well. Didn't see it until I submitted the shot to Nudi Pixel - left it in the photo to allow them to see and perhaps identify as F verta eggs. See right side of photo.

Yeah, but *yours* is in focus. :D

I take it that you haven't received word from Mr. Pixel?

Kevin

I was at the park last Sunday driving around for 20 minutes trying to find a parking spot. High was about 1:30. With no parking on the Bridge anymore, my buddy and I couldn't even drop and park. There were trailer rigs parked in the car parking (being ticketed of course) taking up 2 to 6 spaces each.

I was thinking that Skip at Force-E should set up a shuttle service.

It is a bit of a walk and only works on Sundays, but last year on a couple of crowded days, I dropped off my gear with a buddy, drove onto Singer Island and parked on the bank branch (Wachovia I think) and walked back across the east span. I am sure you'd be towed any day but Sunday when the branch is closed.

That's a thought.

Give an extra 10 or 15 minutes, but beats getting there at 9:00 AM for a 1:00 PM tide.

Can you tell who looked noticeably svelte today compared to these photos from a week ago?

We are definitely talking about the same Puff Daddy. I'll put some pics up once they are processed. Puff Daddy's belly is definitely still big. Puff Mama is nearby, and is a much lighter color, similar size.

We weren't able to find Baby Daddy or Baby Mamma on today's dive, but not for the lack of trying.

How was the night dive?

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom