The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had 79 Thursday

BTW. Lafayette, you make Indiana proud. With the Wabash and Purdue and your train tracks too. :)

Just noticed your avatar. Diving Pete. Very cool.

It would be logical that if they are a professional photographer that they want to use the photos to put food on the table....

Of course they want to publish for big bucks. Which I don't blame them. Hey, right place, right time. And I guess better than someone with no camera (as cool as it would be to witness).

At least this way the whole world can marvel at our amazing world underwater. And reinforce again how truly special Blue Heron Bridge is.

Thanks for the temp.

I cannot claim the avatar image as my own. It came from the Purdue SCUBA club website. Unfortunately, it looks like the club is defunct as the website has not be updated since 2008.

I had 79 Thursday

BTW. Lafayette, you make Indiana proud. With the Wabash and Purdue and your train tracks too. :)

Just noticed your avatar. Diving Pete. Very cool.

Here are some pics my wife took on saturday morning....

DSC_3211.jpg

DSC_3215.jpg

DSC_3223.jpg

DSC_3226.jpg

DSC_3247.jpg

DSC_3258.jpg

DSC_3271.jpg

DSC_3273.jpg

DSC_3274.jpg

DSC_3284.jpg

DSC_3289.jpg

DSC_33181.jpg

Here are some pics my wife took on saturday morning....

Beautiful stuff. Is she a masochist or has she just become bored with the hobby and needs to set it up as a challenging scavenger hunt for only the gray-brown, rare and tremendously difficult to find creatures?? :D Most impressive.

Kevin

As the flag-carrier and spotter, I have time to find many of the critters nearby while she is setting up her wonderful pictures. That being said we both do like the challenge of finding interesting critters!

Trying to upload my first pic....and not a very good one at that. Hope this is good enough for confirmation though. I think my mystery critter last night at BHB was a Long Bristiled Eunice (Humann's book has one that looks like what I saw). Has anyone else seen one of these at BHB?

Yes, I know about the pic quality. It's a camera setting issue and I'm working on it.

Attachments

• PICT0437.jpg
    PICT0437.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 80
. I think my mystery critter last night at BHB was a Long Bristiled Eunice (Humann's book has one that looks like what I saw). Has anyone else seen one of these at BHB?

Yes, we've seen these before, but not able to get a good picture.

They are also called a "bobbit worm" and last year people were calling it "the thing"

Nice find!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom