The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm. . . Just ran into this on "Facebook":

Wow the male seahorse here gave birth yesterday! You never know what you'll get a chance to see while diving The Bridge. Come join us for our FREE night dive this Saturday to check it out for yourself.

Anyone know anything else about it??

Kevin

YouTube - "Puff" A seahorse at Blue Heron Bridge

Definitely a male. Look at his egg pouch. I'm not going to guess on whether or not he's pregnant. I was wrong about Baby Daddy.

Hmmm. . . Just ran into this on "Facebook":

Wow the male seahorse here gave birth yesterday! You never know what you'll get a chance to see while diving The Bridge. Come join us for our FREE night dive this Saturday to check it out for yourself.

Anyone know anything else about it??

Kevin

Ohhhhhh .... do we know which one?!? Baby Daddy or Puff???? I wonder if anyone got pics!

We'll be there saturday for the early tide, camera is coming along this time...hopefully we'll be able to post some interesting photos! Boat dive on sunday too!

We'll be there saturday for the early tide, camera is coming along this time...hopefully we'll be able to post some interesting photos! Boat dive on sunday too!

Keep an eye open for a mullet hair style diver walking away with our tropicals. :wink:

They said they didn't get any pics from anyone, and were not sure which one.

Thanks. Sooner or later someone (with a camera) will see one or the other. We have recent photos of both. We should be able to tell from the before/after photos.

BTW - Video Dude and I will be there for the night dive Sat 4/16.

Had to look this one up. Juvenile Snowy Grouper. Ran into him in late February. Humann sez they're wary and retreat into recesses, but this guy was a poser. Unfortunately, there were lots of particles in the water that day. He was just kind of out in the open in a sandy area. Supposedly rare in Florida.

Kevin

Attachments

• IMG_4228wa.jpg
    IMG_4228wa.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_4225wa.jpg
    IMG_4225wa.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4230wa.jpg
    IMG_4230wa.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4232wa.jpg