The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We went today, 79F, yep--IN the water!! Viz not so good--about 15ft. Thanks jet126 for your report. We plan on going again tomorrow. I saw 4 tiny Flounder doing a line dance, nice!

YouTube - Dueling Flatfish (2).wmv
Experimenting with software. Maybe I'll improve some day. . .

Kevin

Simple solution everyone:

Annoying posters who get ignored by everyone end up going somewhere else to annoy another group.

Annoying posters who get responses from everyone (and feed on your annoyance) end up continuing to post.

Be an adult, make your choice and live with the results...

I *love* that kind of stuff. But, I figured that one book couldn't possibly contain a significant percentage of reef fish behavior, so I didn't buy it when I ordered the three book set.
Kevin

It is far more of a text book than ID book, to be sure. And it does make generalizations about different types of behaviors (feeding, "not fighting", etc) and then behaviors specific to certain species. But I highly recommend you purchase it next chance you get.

The more we understand animal behaviors the more interesting our dive.

Even the most "mundane" of dives can be fascinating when you go from "look at that bunch of shrimp hanging out together" to

"Wow! That must be a fishy [-]car wash[/-] cleaning station! I bet if I'm patient enough I'll see someone come along to get cleaned!"

I know ... say it ... :dork2:

While I feel that most BHB related info is okay to post here, it is not okay to become combative with each other over these posts. Because of the numerous complaints that were received I had the moderators clean the thread up.

I hope that the people whose posts were removed will understand and respect this decision. I also hope that you continue to contribute to this thread. I have been diving the bridge for quite a few years, and I am always learning new things from those that dive the bridge and post here.

To quote Rodney King: "can't we all just get a long?"

Now back to talk of cool stuff...........

Okay, so my weekend dive plans are made. Unfortunately they do not include the bridge. I am doing another private boat dive on Saturday, and am doing a dive in Ft. Lauderdale Sunday afternoon for a photoshoot.

I will need dive reports from the rest of you from the bridge. Please include pics. :wink:

Well, at least I am diving right. :D

I'll be doing a night dive there of Friday evening (15/4/11). Looking forward to a warm relaxing dive and maybe some juvenile sea robins...will include photos on next post.

I wanted to dive today, but my buddies have a late meeting. We might show up tomorrow...or maybe saturday morning.

It is far more of a text book than ID book, to be sure. And it does make generalizations about different types of behaviors (feeding, "not fighting", etc) and then behaviors specific to certain species. But I highly recommend you purchase it next chance you get.

The more we understand animal behaviors the more interesting our dive.

Even the most "mundane" of dives can be fascinating when you go from "look at that bunch of shrimp hanging out together" to

"Wow! That must be a fishy [-]car wash[/-] cleaning station! I bet if I'm patient enough I'll see someone come along to get cleaned!"

I know ... say it ... :dork2:

Au contraire! Both these guys used the same batch of gobies for their spa treatment.

IMG_6384acrre | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
IMG_6410acrre | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

You've successfully shamed me into ordering *that* book, too.
04.gif
Also threw in some new underpants so as to gain free shipping.

Kevin
who fears no invention of Cyrus McCormick - but who did thrice work in the foundry of the company that grew from one of his inventions. Can't get that song out of my head. . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom