The Boynton Dive Chronicles (new and improved)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes sir... it was borderline. We were pestered by a for sure legal one on the first dive though.

I've got to go fishing up there one of these days.:) I'll get rid of the nuisance for you.

Woo-hoo! I wanna go too! I'll dive up at the brigde with you! My son will be visiting then though, I'll have to see if he wants to come first.

Im the meantime... THERMOCLINE.

Yes the west wind has brought on an upwelling, which is clear, but cold. The water on top is a nasty brown/green 80 degree 20 foot viz layer , but the bottom layer was about 70 foot viz, maybe more, and 73 degrees. It may be gone by now though... we were getting some pretty strong southeast winds as the day wore on. There were some high seas associated with some of the storms that blew through, but I missed the nasty stuff because I was underwater. One of the passengers indicated a wave height of about 5 feet, but for the most part, it was 2' in the morning and about 2-3' in the afternoon. We had a slight to moderate south current all day long. Here are som e pics from today.

tonygoliath-1.jpg

twonursesacobeandtwodivers.jpg

Craignnurse.jpg

diversonLynns.jpg

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for one of the best dive trips I've had and 10 great dives. I'm already scheming on a return visit.

Good diving, the happy guy with the Nurse Shark, Craig

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!?! --- Here I am packing my gear for a Saturday dive on your boat and there is no up to the minute report of conditions, temperature, visability, current speed / direction/ current reef census, or latest Kev's Boat Fashion Advisory -- I certainley hope I am not embarrassed by someone wearing the same thing as me Sat Morning.

abcunderwear_2056_297161274

Canveral reports 81 degrees so I am going to plan around this. If there is a 72 degree upwelling down there I am going to freeze...

Hey Orlando Eric,

Very sorry I missed you on my recent visit to Boynton. Hope we have a chance to meet and dive together in the future. Relay my greetings to Kevin.

Good diving, Craig

Very sorry, but no. I'm back at home working for a living. I'm so very jealous of you, living near such wonderful diving. Jupiter and Boynton are among my favorite places to dive. Hope to make your aquaintance in the future.

Warm regards, Craig

:sleeping2:

:poke:

JupiterMermaid, Arizona, Scuba.dude, Jupiter31 and myself dove Boynton today and the Mermaid racked up dive #300 doing a nice 70+ minute dive on Black Condo :)

It's always a pleasure diving with friends, new and old :)

Last edited:
3 cheers for JupiterMermaid!

JupiterMermaid & deepstops - good to see you again. Arizona & jupiter31 - good to meet you. Kev - I've decided to modify the old mantra and from now on will use "Any day diving w/ Kevin is better than, well, pretty much anything else"

Cheers,
S.D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom