The Boynton Dive Chronicles (new and improved)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess having day-glow green fins as a signature is better than being known for a silt trail I leave behind ! :rofl3:

Yeah, Tim's trim hasn't been right since he started using Kitty litter to recycle his air supply. But that's kinda mean throwing him under the bus like that :rofl3::popcorn:

Hey! It was Clubhouse and Gulfstream.

So, the Sunday morning trip was full of surprises (as any trip with Holy Diver along is bound to be). Netmage already provided all of the vitals for the trip, but I'll fill you guys in on some of the nuances.

flameon.jpg

First, Holy Diver found the flame lobster that lives on the Tony. He's been there for at least a couple of years, but I rarely see him.

flamesignal.jpg

Here, she gives the "flame lobster" sign. I didn't understand it at the time, but now that have the picture in front of me I totally see how it just screams "flame lobster".

winky.jpg

A club-tipped anemone. My original edition Humann Creature book has these not reported in Florida, so we'll either have to do a range extension or I'll have to get a newer book. He's quite striking... I think I'll name him Winky. I think in an earlier Chronicle I mis-identified a branching anemone as a club-tipped.

black.jpg

We found a small black grouper out in the fingers amidst a great bunch of baitfish. He was actually getting cleaned by some neon gobies before I disturbed him, but this picture was cooler. He's about to dip into that crack. Netmage is waiting at the exit, ready to get the shot.

holydiver.jpg

I'm not sure what is going on here. I see Tim trying to get the grouper shot, it's Terri that I'm wondering about. If I had to guess, I'd say she's sitting on a rock, holding Tim's strobe. Luckily, I was able to catch the act on film.

Dirty.jpg

Here, clearly jealous that he now has more than 1000 dives, she pounces on Brian, pushing him into the dirt.

Kim.jpg

Down4Fun looking very professional in her doubles.

I have more stuff to put up from the afternoon trip, but I have to go. I'll put it up later on. FWIW, Terri is actually an excellent diver... she's just so much fun to tease!

I honestly don't know whether to be mortified and crawl off to a land-locked state (I wonder if my dad will let me move back home) :shocked2: :depressed:

or admit I simply can not stop freakin' laughing !!!! :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

And I supposed trying to explain myself would only make matters worse :shakehead:

Yeah, Tim's trim hasn't been right since he started using Kitty litter to recycle his air supply. But that's kinda mean throwing him under the bus like that :rofl3::popcorn:

Oh crud, I didn't mean it that way :shakehead:

Last time I fix your tank....

I honestly don't know whether to be mortified and crawl off to a land-locked state (I wonder if my dad will let me move back home) :shocked2: :depressed:

And I supposed trying to explain myself would only make matters worse :shakehead:

It could be worse... HK... nuff sed...

Oh crud, I didn't mean it that way :shakehead:

:shocked2:

Those are some good pics-- looks like you had about the same viz as we had Sunday afternoon.

Speaking of Sunday afternoon... Did anyone have a camera with them on that dive? :wink: Anyone get any decent photos? :crafty:

Those are some good pics-- looks like you had about the same viz as we had Sunday afternoon.

Speaking of Sunday afternoon... Did anyone have a camera with them on that dive? :wink: Anyone get any decent photos? :crafty:

Sorry! I've been teaching alot this week, and haven't been getting home until late. I'll see if I can catch the Chronicle up tonight or tomorrow morning.

uhhh he said "tim's trim" uhhhuuhhuhhhh:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom