Texas Swamp Diving Team does Memorial Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Des...

If my drysuit gets in this week (back from repairs and it's been almost enough time) let's head out to PK on Saturday. I saw on the news that the lake level has risen over 5 feet. Which is a good thing since it was down more than 6 or 7 when Fetch and I went there on March 16th.

I'll have more details to ya tomorrow via e-mail or PM. And we might be able to scare up BJ as well.

TM....what happened to your new dry suit? I *think* I remember reading you ripped it somehow???

I didn't rip it. One of the seams around the right ankle developed a leak on the second dive. I was standing in knee deep water putting my fins on when I noticed my ankle getting cooler than the rest of me, and after a bit, my sock got squishy. Other foot was fine.

It's already been sent back to Whites for repair. And should be back to the LDS real soon.

Kinda glad I noticed it now while diving in the "relative" warmth of Possum Kingdom versus the colder waters that Pug and Diving Gal frequent.

ok, i checked our (blawler and my) plans for memorial day weekend and it looks as though we will be unable to attend this trip (10 minutes down the road) to lake travis.. we are going to orlando and will try our hand at diving ginny springs. i have heard there is diving at epcot center as well... heh, diving at disney! that should be pretty cool. this weekend is our key largo gig..
i would like to meet up with all the board member folks sometime, maybe the next trip..

Can My GF, and I attend your diving trip? We live reaaaaaaal close to the damn, and there might be chance of docking the pontoon a my gf's house, she lives on Lake travis, and it might be easier that way?

Anyway i would like to go if possible, where do I meet ya'll?

Originally posted by SCUBARACER
Can My GF, and I attend your diving trip? We live reaaaaaaal close to the damn, and there might be chance of docking the pontoon a my gf's house, she lives on Lake travis, and it might be easier that way?

Anyway i would like to go if possible, where do I meet ya'll?

Scubaracer, you and your girlfriend are more than welcome to join us. We are a very open group. We will be at Mansfield park, camp site#2, which is very close to the stairs down to the water (and to the bathrooms with the showers with hot water). Some of the group will be there by early afternoon on Friday.

Do come by and meet everyone. There are some really good people.

I would like to come along for the camp/dive trip but I have a question. I had to have emergency back surgery a few weeks
ago. First thing I asked is ...can I scuba dive? The doctor said
yes but I can't carry my equipment. Do you think it will be
a problem to find someone who would carry my equipment to and from the water for me?? I am usually a very independent girl,
so not use to asking for help. Don't want to trouble anyone but
would love to come along. Let me know!!! :)

Originally posted by kgblair
ok, i checked our (blawler and my) plans for memorial day weekend and it looks as though we will be unable to attend this trip (10 minutes down the road) to lake travis.. we are going to orlando and will try our hand at diving ginny springs. i have heard there is diving at epcot center as well... heh, diving at disney! that should be pretty cool. this weekend is our key largo gig..
i would like to meet up with all the board member folks sometime, maybe the next trip..
Netdoc (Pete Murray) lives in Orlando. I would strongly suggest linking up with him so you can be sure to hit all the really good spots and not get stuck in the tourist traps.

Walter also lives in the region so he can also meet up with you.

And if time allows, had to Deerfield beach and www.DixieDivers.com and go wreck diving.

Originally posted by lovetodive2
I would like to come along for the camp/dive trip but I have a question. I had to have emergency back surgery a few weeks
ago. First thing I asked is ...can I scuba dive? The doctor said
yes but I can't carry my equipment. Do you think it will be
a problem to find someone who would carry my equipment to and from the water for me?? I am usually a very independent girl,
so not use to asking for help. Don't want to trouble anyone but
would love to come along. Let me know!!! :)
Equipment schlepping is no problem. You'll be pleasently suprised just how many Southern Gentlemen belong to our group :)

As far as being cleared medically, I can't make that call (not a doctor). I would consult with your doctor, surgeon, and possibly contact DAN (http://www.diversalertnetwork.org/contact) and ask them and/or get a referral to a doc versed in diving medicine. BillP on this board is one of our medical regulators and might be able to povide some info.

About the only common sense advice I can give (please note I am *not* an instructor or "dive professional) is to take the diving *very* easy. Stay shallow, do short dives (lessening N2 loading), and do creepingly slow ascents (at the dam at Travis that's easy since you can "crawl" along the bottom until you can stand up with your head above water)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom