Texas Swamp Diving Team does Memorial Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tony.....if you can do the reservations...I'd appreciate it. And you are bringing you guitar again, right? Because I just might create the Parody Songbook for you.

Originally posted by Tom Vyles
We have 5 classes we have to do to finish DM. I do not plan on doing classes in December.
But we got all Summer to do it. And from talking with Alec, there will be plenty of chances for all of us to complete our requirements.

And we gotta get a chance to dive for ourselves SOMEtime :tease:

it is then! They have changed their number and had no response over the weekend but I'll keep at it and let you know. We'll shoot for campsite 2, which is the largest and closest to the facilities.

I'll pack my guitar, may even get some new strings for it, but I hope you come ready to "sing". My crooning is just that..... LOL

See ya'll soon,

tony

Hey Tony...
If you need any help, Im just 8 miles from Mansfield, and could drive over and see what the deal is.
I dont want to double book anything, so I will hold off on this till I hear something.
Dave

I found a new number on the web site, 512-854-7275, you can try calling, but if we get over there quickly, we have a better chance of getting the campsite we want. It's site # 2, that's the largest, tell em we're expecting 16-24 campers and reserve it for Friday early afternoon till Monday afternoon for us. I think there's some paperwork that goes along with it, just a form. Texas Swamp Diving Team(work) does it again! Thanks David, I'll watch for a post or pm saying you've been successful.

tony

I'll head over after work tommorrow..
dave

Thought I would try the number real quick, instead of waiting. Glad I did, they had just booked #2 out for that Saturday.
A little bit of crying and begging, and the super nice lady I talked to put me on hold, and came back a couple of minutes later, and said that we could have it the whole weekend.

She is mailing me the form.

She also said $15/ carload - "I guess that is for those camping."
I saw someone post $5 up above, which is for day entry.

Listed it as the ScubaBoard group.

Under my name -

Dave

Unless something was different from 2001, day use was $5.00 per carload and then you could also go to the other parks with controlled entry that the LCRA governs.

But $15.00 per day per carload is much cheeper than the hotels. (Unless your Artsprite who knows how to get the most outta Priceline.)

David, did the lady say if we need to put down any deposit money?

And when Dee and Beast get back, we can try and talk Beast into being the camp cook since I here he's a grilling machine!

and an official one at that! I was worried someone would beat us to it, glad you've practiced your whinin' and moanin'...LOL

So Mike, Patty still can find a real Motel "8".....? Now for the good weather no rain dance.... :dance: :bounce: :dance:

tony

Originally posted by scubatexastony
Now for the good weather no rain dance.... :dance: :bounce: :dance:

tony
AMEN to that!!! It's supposed to be spring, gosh darnit!!! What's with these cold fronts??? (nearly froze my tooshie today at the auction. Air temp in low 40's, wind blowing 15-25mph! Would've been warmer if I was wearing my drysuit undies and my drysuit!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom