Texas Swamp Diving Team does Memorial Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, and Alec (sp) and Bob and Jonathan on Sunday :)

It really turned out ok, TT. I was diving wet and Mike got a hole in his new drysuit :( so by Sunday I think we were both looking to give the cold water a pass (maybe not, I guess Mike could have enjoyed the squishy sock :) )

BTW, thanks again Mike for setting this up, it was a lot of fun. And TT, I'm sorry to hear about your friend :(

Jeff

Jeff,

It was a sincere pleasure to meet and dive with you. And I do look forward to diving with you again. You going to try to make it out to Lake Travis in May?

--TM (premier of the Order of the Squishy Sock)

PS. Lemme know if you want Alec's phone number

Originally posted by TexasMike
Jeff,

It was a sincere pleasure to meet and dive with you. And I do look forward to diving with you again.

The same :)

You going to try to make it out to Lake Travis in May?

Of course :) As that is far, far in the future :wink: I can't guaruntee it, tho

Jeff

You can count me in!

I have not visited Lake travis before, do the camp grounds allow RV's?

What's the water temp that time of the year? Looking forward to the dive.:)

Last year, Terry (deadeye) pulled his popup in a long parking place, but i don't think they have hook ups. That spot is really close to the camp area and restroom/ showers though.

I'm headin to the country for a weekend and when I get back Monday I'll start calling for our reservation at Mansfeild Dam if no one has objections to that location...... TM, Tom, anyone?

tony

Originally posted by scubatexastony
Last year, Terry (deadeye) pulled his popup in a long parking place, but i don't think they have hook ups. That spot is really close to the camp area and restroom/ showers though.

I'm headin to the country for a weekend and when I get back Monday I'll start calling for our reservation at Mansfeild Dam if no one has objections to that location...... TM, Tom, anyone?

tony

No, there's no hook-ups for RV's but the parking lot is big enough to park them in.

Hey Bud....nice to see you again tonight! :)

I'll throw in a definite maybe.

Reminder Texasmike

We have 5 classes we have to do to finish DM. I do not plan on doing classes in December.

Tom

by the way, didn't know if you guys knew (don't know who all here is from austin) but memorial day is a busy time at lake travis.. of course, it would be a busy time at any lake or park.

specifically, there is a festival lasting the weekend call splash day, i think. it congregates a lot at hippie hollow (the local naked park), but takes place all over lake travis. it is a large homosexual gathering and gets kind of wild sometimes.. most of the crazier stuff is over by the naked park. i used to date a boat mechanic in the early 90's and i rode with him alot (free ride on a boat!). it was particularly busy during that weekend. i do not know if it still goes on. the folks are usually pretty nice and all, but sometimes it is a little more wild than folks would like their children to see.. was not sure if this was a family outing or just an adult affair.

my fiancee and i may be able to attend if at lake travis. i will be out of my pain program by then. we do not have much experience at the lake.. i received my nitrox certification there, but we tried to stay out as much as possible. blue water snobs?? can't vouch for him for sure, but i have wanted to give the lake a second chance because i have several buddies here that love it and i would like to figure out why....

Wild naked dancing homosexuals? :)

I have some friends at work who probably need to hear about this :wink:

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom