Texas Swamp Diving Team does Memorial Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by Fishkiller
We meet on Friday and dive
Saturday dive and play around
Sunday dive and play around
Monday dive and go home

that would be
Dinner Friday Saturday and Sunday
Breakfast Saturday Sunday and Monday
Lunch Saturday Sunday and Monday

Tank refills
I have my own tank(s)
How long and how far for refills?

With a fill a day that would be 2 dives per day unless the fill station is nearby, and is diving at night a thing to do?

is there a boat fee?

Yes, on the meal schedule.

Tanks...we use Dive Texas, about 10 min. from the dam. Very nice folks. Air fills $5, Nitrox is $8...I *think*.

Night diving is cool at the dam and I'm sure there will be some planned.

TrueTexan has covered the boat. Normally, we only do shore dives. AFAIK, there isn't boat diving available unless you have a friend with one or make your own arrangements with one of the roving boat charters.

Originally posted by Dee

Yes, on the meal schedule.

Tanks...we use Dive Texas, about 10 min. from the dam. Very nice folks. Air fills $5, Nitrox is $8...I *think*.

Night diving is cool at the dam and I'm sure there will be some planned.

so the other question is there a dive scheadule? or is the gopher to the dive shop a as you need it?

Originally posted by Fishkiller

so the other question is there a dive scheadule? or is the gopher to the dive shop a as you need it?

No dive schedule to speak of. Everyone doesn't dive at the same time, nothing so formal! We go out in small groups for a dive after breakfast. Maybe another before lunch. Load empty tanks in someones vehichle and go get refills. Have lunch and do maybe a couple dives in the afternoon. It's all just up to you and how much diving you want to do.

If TrueTexan has his boat, there will be some planning but I can imiagine nothing set in stone.

Like I said before, we can dock the boat at my gf's house on the lake, she is in the Cypress Creek area....

There is a old Cement Factory that you can dive at by the Oasis.

Originally posted by TRUETEXAN
I just wanted to let everyone know that I am still planning on being there and will be bringing the pontoon boat. I can take out about 8-10 divers at a time an I don't mind doing so all day so that everyone can do a boat dive if they want to. However I do not know all the good places to do the dives from the boat, so if someone could do a little research on that for us and maybe get a lake map or GPS numbers it would probably help. I won't charge anyone to go out and dive from my boat, but I will need some help handling the boat and helping divers in and out. Can't wait to meet everybody.
Soon enough I will be working to compile a list of some dive sites. If you've got GPS, I'll be sure to try to include that in my descripts.

And I'll be willing to assist some in boat handling and such. Besides, we need to get together out at PK sometime soon so you can check me out on your boat.

RACER - Can you provide a better description of where this stuff is that you mentioned? And what's there, conditions, depth, etc.

I have to agree that Lake Travis will be very busy. However, since ya'll will be arriving on Friday night you should have no problem getting a spot an Mansfield Park.
I would also recommend Mansfield Park over Barstow's (no offense to Richard). Barstow's will be very crowded. Mansfield Park will get crowded on Sunday and Monday, but most of that is boat trailer traffic.
I would recommend some planning as far as air fills. The last couple of years, they have had to close the parks at some point during the Sunday and/or Monday (Memorial Day) because there was not any more parking available (usually in the afternoon). Before leaving the park to get fills, check with the booth to make sure you can get back in. Keep any camping receipts to show you are camped there. I would hope you could show that and get back in.
We will be getting ready for a trip ourselves, but I hope to drop by on Saturday and say "Hi" to everyone.

I'm glad we made our reservations at the Dam, we had the same thoughts as you about Barstows. Good input on the parking problems at the park too, I'll be sure to check before gofferin' for fills or groceries.

I sure hope you make it by Saturday, is there a chance of you making some dives with us?

Looking forward to seeing you there,

tony

Would newbie local divers be welcome? I just found this board tonight and was very glad to find other Texan divers.

SCUBA seems to have taken over our lives judging by all the diving books, magazines and equipement piled all over the house! And I thought this would be an inexpensive fun thing to try when I told my dh that I had signed us up for lessons!!:eek:ut: Sheesh!

Originally posted by MightyDiver
Would newbie local divers be welcome? I just found this board tonight and was very glad to find other Texan divers.

Of course you would be welcome!
(and welcome to the board too!)

Dave

Originally posted by MightyDiver

Of course you're welcome to join us...the more the merrier. It's nice to know there's another potential divers crash pad in the area! :eek:ut:

Also...Welcome to ScubaBoard :balloon:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom