Teric owners, have you required repair or replacement service?

Teric owners, have you required repair or replacemant service?

• No

Votes: 82 45.3%
  • Yes, repair

Votes: 35 19.3%
  • Yes, replacement

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • Yes, multiple repair and/or replacement

Votes: 38 21.0%
  • Other, see post

Votes: 10 5.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What is the purpose of having OFF in the menu then? Anyway, I'll repeat the 48h battery drain test with Compass and AI off tomorrow and compare the results on Saturday.

I get no noticeable drain with both on but the computer off with the light button.
That's my recollection as well, but I'm running a test now to explicitly confirm.

I’m not bothered even if I have to charge it nightly on a trip.
Same with me. That's what I did on the last trip, i.e., charging it every night.

I'll have a trip to Komodo next week and then to Sea of Cortez in September, Grand Cayman in October. So I won't have a break to have it sent out for repair until November.

Well, my tests were interesting. With AI and compass ON, I was at 94% after 48 hrs (same as last month). With AI and compass OFF, I was at 90% after 48 hrs. Weird to say the least. I'll probably check with things turned on again to confirm but it doesn't really impact me. I can dive for several days without charging, but I need to recharge lights every night anyway.

Here are my two over the last few weeks (I check bats every 2 weeks and log them).
Teric 1 Teric 2 64% on 7/10 92% on 7/10 44% on 7/24 88% on 7/24 30% on 8/7 84% on 8/7

My Teric currently shows 79 days SI, 76% remaining from a full charge. I'm happy.

My Teric currently shows 79 days SI, 76% remaining from a full charge. I'm happy.

I would NOT be happy with that. 79 days since my last dive?!? Oh, the humanity!

Back
Top Bottom